REA MAGNET WIRE CORP Ashland, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Engages in the implementation of engineering projects directed at modifying, upgrading, and improving plant production equipment, physical plant equipment and systems, and other equipment relative to the Ashland, Virginia plant. Participates in various engineering programs directed at meeting plant goals for optimizing profitability, equipment and human resources. Coordinates various corporate sponsored projects directed at improving the plant. Assists in the implementation of various plant engineering programs including but not limited to maintenance department direction, purchasing, capital expenditures, environmental, security and safety.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Manages assigned electrical engineering projects to assure meeting design parameters, cost restraints, installation schedules, and overall effectiveness.
2. Researches, costs, and submits work orders and R/As for assigned projects and programs.
3. Ensures procurement of needed materials and equipment on assigned projects and maintains cost records and deliveries. Interfaces as needed through purchasing with vendors and suppliers.
4. Assists in the implementation of cost reduction programs through engineering design and project implementation.
5. Assists in engineering department safety program and supports plant programs through engineering design and project implementation.
6. Supports the maintenance department in trouble shooting and resolving electrical/electronic problems.
7. Assists in the training and selection of maintenance electricians and electronic techs. Provides electrical engineering advice and knowledge as required.
8. Recommends capital expenditures to meet plant and company goals.
9. Engineers electrical upgrades to various magnet wire production equipment (i.e. electrical panels, control panels, PLCs, DC & AC drives, temperature controllers, viscometers, alarm systems, process monitoring, and computer interfaces).
10. Engineers changes to physical plant systems including HVAC, power distribution, plant lighting, telephone systems, security systems, quality control equipment, inter-plant computer, personal computers, and other related projects.
11. Assists in the maintaining and organization of engineering, equipment and financial records and files.
12. Assists plant and corporate MIS personnel in maintaining the plant computer network and systems.
13. Writes programs for personal computers, LANS, programmable controllers, and interfaces with mainframe computers.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or an Associates with 6+ years of experience in Industrial Manufacturing
Knowledge of circuit design and modification, plant engineering and maintenance operations, magnet wire production equipment, outside shops, and suppliers, industrial power distribution systems and electrical codes.
Use of computer software to prepare design calculations, data collection, schematics, report generation, equipment layouts, panel designs, and automated controls design. Software’s include but are not limited to (RSLogix 500, 5000, Studio 5000, Factory Talk View Machine Edition, EZ Series, C-More, Siemens Step-7, and AutoCAD)
Must be knowledgeable in PLC logic design and troubleshooting, specifically Allen Bradley.
Must be knowledgeable in VFD controls and able to program across a wide array of brands.
Must be knowledgeable in HMI designing and able to program across a wide array of brands.
Knowledge of various local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook); CAD
Excellent analytical, planning, and project management skills.
Engineer must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while also providing plant wide technical support to the maintenance department.
- Six-Sigma Certification
REA MAGNET WIRE CORP
ManufacturingView all jobs at REA MAGNET WIRE CORP