RDI Technology Partners is an engineering and technology search firm. We are working on a high-priority search for an experienced (at least five years of experience) mid-level Unity Platform Game Project/Product Manager. Our client is a rapidly growing San Diego company and the leader in sophisticated sports imaging/simulation products used by major sports manufacturers, retailers and numerous professional athletes world-wide.
Design and development are performed by a small, passionate and innovative engineering team. If you join our team you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to project management and product design. You will be working with a leading-edge technology team working on development, user interface design, game play, hardware interfacing, build automation, applied math and several other very interesting technologies.
Our client offers a casual shorts/flip-flop dress environment, flexibility around rush-hour commute and child school pick-up and a friendly, fair, and fun work environment along with competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package. Don’t miss this great opportunity!
- Confer with product stakeholders to gather and write product requirements
- Participate in design meetings with engineering team to create project plans and ensure proper translation of requirements into software development stories
- Maintain sprints and manage development progress
- Ensure deadlines and cost targets are met
- Assist in hiring and team expansion efforts
- Manage risks for the deadline, liaison with purchasing, production and other departments and contractors to ensure external dependencies don’t delay engineering projects
- Assign, direct and evaluate tasks to team members, overseeing the development and maintenance of staff competence
- Min. 5 years’ experience delivering commercial applications
- Experience developing video games in Unity, Unreal or custom gaming platforms
- Solid software development project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and application of Agile methodologies
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong leadership qualities
Desired Skills (but not required)
- Experience in any programming language, preferable C++, C#
- Familiarity with UI/UX design and mock creation