RDI Technology Partners is engineering and IT staffing firm based in San Diego. We are working on a “high-priority” search for an experienced (mid-level) WAN Network Engineer. Our client is a profitable, established and innovative international technology and engineering services company, employing nearly 7,000+ globally. The company is involved in frequent acquisitions, as well as tie-ins to customer locations, leading to many infrastructure and security integrations, making this role both fun and technically challenging. This permanent direct-hire position resides in their San Diego headquarters near Scripps Ranch.
Some of the great things you will be doing include:
- Design, integrate and maintain various networks such as data center and campus LAN, remote office connectivity via WAN, and security appliances scattered across the Enterprise in accordance with specified requirements.
- Prepare and maintain documentation (network diagrams/topologies) and drawings to assist in communicating current operational status of networks as well as for change management.
- Perform configuration changes of various infrastructure equipment such as routers, switches, security appliances, VPN, etc. across the Enterprise.
- ·Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and analytic tools.
Several of the position requirements include:
- Intermediate-level understanding of TCP/IP protocol suite and OSI model, network security (think firewalls, device hardening, NAT/PAT and VPN), IP routing (static, PBR, BGP, OSPF, RIP), switching (channeling, trunking, virtualization, stacking, QoS, spanning-tree), CIDR and IP addressing.
- A current or recently active certification of one of the following: CCDP, CCNP, CCSP or CCNA.
- Familiarity with Microsoft and UNIX operating systems
- Strong networking technical skills in the following areas:
- Solid experience with routing Protocols: RIP, OSPF, BGP
- Switching: IEEE 802.1q, 802.1d, 802.1s, 802.1w, QoS, 802.3ad, stacking, chassis virtualization
- Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS for routers and layer2/3 switches
- Cisco ASA v8.0 and higher
- Cisco Aironet 16XX/26XX/37XX/38XX
- Hands-on experience with IPSEC, GRE, HSRP, IEEE 802.1q, 802.1d, 802.1s, 802.1w, 802.3u, 802.3z, 802.3ab, 802.3af, 802.3ak, 802.3ae, 802.11b/g/n
- U.S. Citizenship is a must.
Please contact us immediately if you have interest or know anyone who may. We can share the complete position detail with you once we speak by phone.