- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
International Country Club, located in Fairfax, VA is seeking an experienced Controller to join their team. The ideal candidate will have a CPA, Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience, preferably hospitality accounting experience, information systems experience, and club experience.
Develops policies to control and coordinate accounting, payroll, auditing, budgets, taxes and related activities and records; develops, establishes, and administers procedures and systems pertaining to financial matters; prepares financial statements, forecasts and analyses for all administrative and managerial functions. Assist the General Manager and Department Heads in managing all Human Resource functions. Manages all computer hardware and software connected to the Club's computer network. Supervises the staffing, scheduling, training and professional development of the Administration department members.
- Directs financial operations of the club and is directly responsible for the financial recordkeeping of the club.
- Formulates, receives, executes and recommends policy/procedures for approval relating to accounting and auditing, the budget and cost control, preparation and payment of payrolls and tax matters.
- Prepares monthly trial balance and resulting financial statements for the club along with required supporting schedules and other data necessary for financial reports and records.
- Manages and conducts internal auditing programs to assure that records are accurately maintained and that established policies and practices are satisfactorily and consistently followed.
- Assists the General Manager in preparing budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with the various departments, analyzes financial information, monitors budgeted versus actual expenditure and advises management about variances and their potential causes
- Hires, trains and terminate staff within their department. Supervises staff in the processing of accounts receivable and accounts payable. Determines and communicates standards of performance to their respective employees. Evaluates employee performance on a regular basis and approves salary increases as appropriate.
- Develops and cross trains employees/staff to maximize potential and prepare for future promotional opportunities by counseling on career development.
- Prepares accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for dissemination to the General Manager.
- Assists management in the control of all purchases and expenditures of money for various obligations of the club. This includes the review of all invoices presented for payment.
- Informs and advises other department heads on matters that relate to the financial aspects of their respective areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates with club's independent accounting firm the fiscal year-end audit, including preparation of any schedules, analysis and reconciliation's necessary in the completion of the audit in a timely manner.
- Monitor outstanding accounts receivable balances, delinquencies and report concerns to the General Manager.
- Prepare projections and analysis as requested by the General Manager.
- Carries out procedures which result in the maintaining club records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assists the General Manager in developing the report of the financial condition and the progress of the club each month.
- Direct responsibility for all Management Information Systems in the club used for financial reporting, processing, and for the gathering of billing and/or member information. This includes, but is not limited to, the computer network, point of sale system, personal computers and connected systems. Responsibility shall include the overseeing of the programs, maintenance, security and the general operations of these systems.
- Coordinates with the Department Heads regarding all Human Resource functions from hiring process, departmental employee evaluation & compensation, payroll, employee benefits and employee/employer relations. Ensures that all departments conduct themselves in an effective, legal, fair, and consistent manner; in accordance to state and federal laws as well as the club employee handbook.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions from that analysis.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Previous hospitality accounting experience, information systems experience, and club experience preferred.
- Computer and PC proficiency and ability to train staff likewise is a must.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Salary range between $105,000 - $115,000 depending upon experience
- Additional benefits, include health and dental insurance; 401k (company matching), vacation and holiday pay, sick leave.
- Accounts Payable/Receivable Administrator
- Front Desk Reception
Founded on July 1, 1961, International Country Club was named in part because the future permanent site of the club was to be located near Dulles International Airport. The present 18-hole golf course was opened in 1961, but the first clubhouse there was not constructed until 1968. This was the same year that the club's lease on the “town” course expired, at which time the “town” course and clubhouse were closed and all operations were moved to the present location. Later, in recognition of operating in only one location, the club began doing business as “International Country Club.” From the outset, it was clear that International was to be more than a golf course and a clubhouse. The first swimming pool at the club's present location was opened in 1970. The club's first tennis courts were opened in 1974. International's golf course is widely recognized as one of the finest in Northern Virginia. In 2002, it was listed by the Virginia State Golf Association as one of the top 25 golf courses in the state of Virginia. Indeed, International was one of only four courses in Northern Virginia to be so highly regarded. In 1966, Golf Digest magazine included International among the nation's 200 toughest golf courses. Over the years, International also has hosted numerous USGA, VSGA, Middle Atlantic Golf Association events, including U.S. Open and U.S. Senior Open qualifying and the Virginia State Open.
- # Members: 725 Families
- Membership Categories: 10
- Wait List: None
- # Employees: 150 In Season
- Annual Gross Revenue $ 10M
- Annual Dues Revenue $4.3M
- Capital Revenue $1M
RCS Hospitality Group
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at RCS Hospitality Group