RCS Corporation has an immediate need for a Logistics Specialist located at Kittery, ME. This is a Direct Hire Opportunity.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, RCS recruits top talent for direct hire, temp-to-perm and contract staffing positions and provides customized payroll services. Our Recruiting Specialties consist of all Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology, Energy Efficiency and Business Professionals.
Our Client is actively seeking a Logistics Specialist to provide a variety of logistics tasks such as supply support, configuration management, and data management in support of components, equipment, and/or systems. The position will be located at ILO Facility, Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, Kittery, ME.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Provide configuration reviews to ensure that installed systems/equipment are accurately recorded in the Department of Navys (DoN) master configuration database.
- Perform Technical Manual Reviews to ensure appropriate technical documentation is onboard to support the maintenance of installed systems/equipment.
- Perform Repair Part reviews to ensure all repair parts are onboard to support the current ship`s configuration.
- Conduct Post Availability Logistics Support (PALS) and ensure that the ships database contains the configuration changes that occurred during availability and that it is safe to proceed with re-allowancing options.
- Conduct Automated Shore Interface (ASI), Onboard Repair Part (OBRP) and obsolete/excess material offloads to ensure correct required material is available on board for all applicable equipment currently onboard.
- Provide technical manual and configuration verification support during assessments and functional system checks.
- Provide training to ship force during system assessments and procedural verifications to enhance Naval Technicians knowledge of configuration and database maintenance.
- Specialized Experience: Two years of full-time experience in submarine fleet logistics support including experience in the fleet introduction, installation, and test, operation, and life cycle support of electrical, or electronics systems and equipment.
- General Experience: Four years of full-time experience in Navy ILS and system life cycle support areas.This experience shall include each of the following Navy ILS components in support of submarine or naval ship, electrical, or electronic systems:
- Maintenance Planning - Manpower, Personnel, and training support - Supply Support - Test Equipment Support
- Technical logistic data
- Packing, handling, storage, and transportation - Design and installation
- Configuration Management - Knowledgeable of governing supply systems/programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals or other established guidelines.
- Possess a valid driver`s license and be able to obtain a government driving permit.
- Position may require travel.
- Position requires an Active Secret Clearance
RCS is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. RCS recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information or age. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.