The Installation Supervisor coaches and evaluates the success of each individual on their team in alignment with the goals set forth for technicians including, but not limited to morale, productivity, safety, quality, vehicle inspections, on-time performance and job completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinating the activities of technical staff each morning by confirming attendance and working with dispatch on any last minute routing changes that may impact their day. As well, handle any customer complaints, special projects or damage claims that are scheduled for that day.
2. By working in the field most of your day, you will have the responsibility of providing appropriate and timely feedback of employee performance from both a technical and/or safety standpoint.
3. Supervisor will be responsible for performance managing his/her team whenever technician is noncompliance in technical expectations, failed field safety inspections and/or asset management. Disciplinary actions to include but not limited to coaching's and/or documented write-ups up to approved termination.
4. Completion of monthly and annual performance evaluations on employees that focus on customer service, job quality and associated metrics.
5. Escalating to the proper department and following up on any customer impacting issues seen while in the field or feedback given to you by your team members.
6. Take appropriate action to expedite workflow to consistently meet customer appointments and fulfill commitments made to internal and external customers.
7. Perform all work in a safe manner according to company policy and OSHA guidelines at all times. Foster a "stay safe" mentality amongst your team.
8. Issue, receive, inspect, track and be accountable for all tools issued to team.
9. Ensure all customer premise equipment is accounted for and manage the number of pieces going to "lost" status every couple of weeks.
10. Follow all policies and procedures for the care and securing of company property, vehicles and equipment.
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
* One year certificate from college or technical school.
* Must maintain a good driving record, safe driving habits and valid Driver's License.
* Four years of field technician experience related to installation and troubleshooting.
* Three years supervisory experience working the in the telecommunications field preferred.
We are a proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse.
*Requisition Number:* 19-0261
*Post Date:* 7/6/2019
*Title:* Supervisor Installation 2