RCM of Washington has provided services and supports in the District of Columbia since 1998 to people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities with a positive pathway toward Revitalizing Community Membership empowering independence and integration to their community.
Our unique approach provides those we support with the critical services they need to set attainable goals and develop action plans toward maintaining stable, safe and affordable housing, gaining sustainable employment and living the lives they want, within their community.
RCM of Washington is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested in meaningful work in the community? Want to give back? Enjoy helping to empower people? Advocacy?
RCM of Washington has an immediate need for a Registered Nurse to support adults with intellectual disabilities. If you like helping people and have a passion advocating and working with people, RCM of Washington is the place for you. This position will require that you also be on-call and available 24-7 outside your normal hours for emergencies and questions regarding your caseload since we are a 24-hour organization.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for planning, organizing and developing all nursing activities within your designated caseload. You will be responsible for complete management, which includes developing, coordinating and monitoring all nursing care for the people that we support. In addition, you will be supervising and training LPNs working within your caseload and TMEs as it relates to administering medication. Some of your duties will include:
- Develop health care management plan for persons supported and ensure that services are being followed within the outlined protocols
- Attend and prepare for all meetings to include human rights committee, medication reviews, Individual Support Plan meetings, RN specific training, etc.
- Review Medication Administration Records to ensure that they are completed accurately and complete quarterly and annual nursing reports
- Conduct medical training and in-services for all staff
- Responsible for administering medication and treatments
- Conducting assessments of the people we support
- Assisting with activities of daily living with Direct Support Professionals
- Ensure that medical appointments are being attended and that proper interventions are being followed per the PCP's orders
Physical and Environmental Conditions: Work environment may involve situations that require working with people with Behavior Support Plans, Trauma Informed Care Plans, Complex Medical Needs, and Developmental Disabilities.
Please apply directly online. No phone calls please.
Candidates must possess the following qualities:
- Valid RN License in the District of Columbia
- 2-5 years of experience as an RN
- Experience working with people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities is preferred
- Must be able to lift weights of at least sixty (60) pounds
- Strong written and verbal communication in the English language
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Possess strong ability to think critically, make decisions, and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
Candidates must provide proof of valid RN license in DC and CPR and First Aid certifications. All candidates will be required to pass a drug test and live national background check. If selected, candidate must also submit a health certificate from a physician.