VA Clinical Contact Center Registered Nurse
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: VA Clinical Contact Center Registered Nurse
Hours of Operation: Weekends, Holidays, Evenings and Night – Part Time/Full Time
As a leading operator of government health and human services programs, we have partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high-quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under the founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, we are entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
Job Summary: VA Clinical Contact Center Staff Nurse is a registered nurse (RN) with collegiate preparation from an accredited nursing program. The Nurse is responsible for providing triage, referrals, and patient care recommendations in a call center setting during off hours on weekends, holidays, evenings, and nights (WHEN) hours. The incumbent demonstrates expertise in clinical triage utilizing approved algorithm software.
Essential Job Duties:
- Utilizes sound clinical judgment in assessing, planning, implementing, documenting, and evaluating a full range of nursing care to patients with complex care needs over the telephone, assuming responsibility and accountability for nursing actions.
- Utilizes effective communication and customer service skills to triage symptom-based concerns.
- Evaluates the veteran, develops a working nursing diagnosis, formulates a plan, and provides recommended intervention, during the call utilizing approved algorithm software.
- Assesses, develops, and implements a plan to meet the patient's learning needs, including self-care and treatment measures.
- Completes initial assessments and reassessments of patients' condition and response to treatment and other clinical findings and initiates follow-up with the appropriate VA Medical Center.
- Provides clinical advice in accordance with the approved algorithm software, directs the veteran for care based on their symptoms, past medical history, and level of urgency while employing critical thinking skills and knowledge-based nursing judgment.
- Identifies potential problems involving resources and/or safety and taking action to avert or manage the situation.
- Utilizes telephone systems and computer applications. Performs Quality Management activities such as identifying problem areas and analyzing findings for change.
- Evenings and Nights shifts, alternating coverage including weekend, holidays, and day shifts.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BSN and experience in ICU, ED, and/or Telephone Triage is preferred.
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
- Position contingent on passing the VA security clearance
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
This position requires visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity. This position requires potentially long periods of continued, standing and sitting. The incumbent must be a mature, flexible individual capable of working effectively in stressful situations, able to shift priorities based on patient needs.
In light of the requirements under Executive Order 14042 and the Safe Workforce Task Force’s COVID-19 Workplace Safety Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors, all employees will eventually need to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment and new hires/employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Will provide accommodations to individuals with qualifying medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances that preclude vaccination, provided such accommodations are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship for the Company, and/or do not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of you or others in the workplace. Approval of such accommodation is a condition of employment. New hires must provide proof of vaccination or have an approved accommodation request prior to their orientation date.
RCM Health Care Services
RCM Health Care Services’ mission is to provide opportunities for qualified candidates across medical professions. We deliver timely results and have built a reputation of trust with our clients and candidates. Since 1975, we have been providing staffing solutions to many of the finest healthcare institutions across the nation and careers for thousands of candidates. As professional career opportunity matchmakers, we follow up and follow through to help our clients and candidates to reach their career and life goals. We proudly hold the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval as well.
HealthcareView all jobs at RCM Health Care Services