Network Engineer Cloud at RCM,Inc.
- Posted: over a month ago
- We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we’ve been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
- We are looking for an experienced network operations engineer to join our service delivery team. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, goal-oriented, team-focused engineer with a passion for overseeing systems and infrastructure. The network operations engineer will assist with the overall availability and performance of production services against SLA and is expected to be ready to respond in case of issues to reduce service degradation or downtime.
- Optimize reliability, performance, supportability and security of Zoom’s infrastructure.
- Ensure production environments and data centers are equipped with proper level of resources and are designed correctly to scale per business needs.
- Participate in and review testing procedures for change and configuration management in production environments.
- Provide technical input in reviewing architecture, policies and procedures to ensure that security, backup, failover, alerting and disaster recovery mechanisms are in place.
- Act as escalation point between service delivery/support teams and engineering to help identify and troubleshoot service problems.
- Analyze and resolve video infrastructure faults and undertake routine preventative measures as well as kick off new initiatives to avoid service degradations.
- Identify and assist in implementing monitoring to ensure health, performance and security of Zoom’s data center networks.
- Develop capacity plans for new and existing video infrastructure.
- Work closely with software engineers to implement new data center technologies.
- On Call duties supporting production network environments.
- Strong knowledge of Internet routing protocols and techniques such as BGP, OSPF, ECMP, Traffic Engineering (TE) and similar.
- 5+ years of experience as a Network Operations Engineer, preferably for a cloud or service provider with large scale networks.
- Proficiency with common route switch platforms such as Juniper, Arista, Cisco.
- Working knowledge and use of scripting languages such as Python, shell (bash), Go.
- Working knowledge and use of templating and configuration management systems(Infrastructure as code) such as Jinja, Ansible, and Teraform
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability and comfort working in fast paced environments.
- University degree in Computer Science or related subject, or equivalent experience.
TechnologyView all jobs at RCM,Inc.