Program Manager - Scientific (there are 2 job openings)
Location: College Park, MD
Our Client will consider greencard holders
My client is currently seeking to hire a Program Manager to lead a large, complex scientific and technical program at the U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) offices in College Park, MD. The Program Manager will manage employees working on and off government site locations and be fully responsible for the Program Management of the program and associated sub-contractors.
The position would report directly to the Contracts Director.
- Responsible for directing a stand-alone complex scientific and technical program and particular functions that will involve multiple customer locations.
- · Overall responsibility for staffing (recruiting and retention) and the management of administrative and technical aspects of the project.
- · Coordinate work requirements with the Government Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and develop plans and schedules for the initiation, monitoring and completion of tasks.
- · Act as the main interface of the contractor staff at EMC with IMSG corporate management, and with subcontractors’ management
- · Successfully manage a team of over 145 professional scientists, programmer analysts, software engineers, and program coordinators consisting of IMSG employees and subcontractors from small business partners and from universities, working on- and off- the Government site.
- · Excellent performance track record managing the significant on-site workforce technical development, effectively solving contractual, budgeting, and administrative issues.
- · Play significant role in recruiting highly qualified professional staff into the workforce, and lead building the sustained career growth environment for numerical modeling scientists and analysts.
- · Assist in EMC outreach and collaboration activities, and help identify qualified staff candidates from professional conferences.
- · Excellent communication, coordination, and problem solving skills with the NCEP and IMSG team.
- Serve as the central point of communication between employees, prime government clients, sub-contractors, and corporate offices.
- Manage the day-to-day operations that include establishing and maintaining project documentation and spreadsheets; performing budget and cost monitoring and controls, documenting and reporting their status on a monthly basis; assisting with preparing reports at regular intervals (e.g. monthly) and as needed; maintaining and updating milestones for each of the projects as needed; and regular updating quad charts for each of the projects as needed for the contract management team.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree is required from an accredited institution in Atmospheric Science, Oceanography, or other Geophysical Sciences, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics is required.
- 5 + years Program or Project Management experience in scientific management in an R&D environment using large-scale computer resources is required.
- Experience supervising teams of 50 or more employees
- Management experience shall include supervision of all phases affecting scientific performance including scientific programming and mathematic analysis; this experience shall include management of multiple subcontracts; experience in meteorological or oceanographic environment is required.
- Experience directly supporting a government client both on and off site
- Detail oriented, well organized, and able to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- PMP Certification is highly desirable but not required
you can submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder to qualify