Human Resources Specialist
- Expired: January 26, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
RBR-Technologies is a small service-disabled veteran-owned information and technology business founded on the basic principle of delivering customer mission success. RBR-technologies prides itself on our commitment to mission success as exemplified by the trust our customers and contract partners place in us. From RBR's first employee to the present day, every team member has a passion for mission success. Since 2011, we have continued to employ the highest caliber of professionals whose success is attributed to the intelligence, dedication, and years of?experience within many government organizations including the Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), and Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).?
The Human Resources (HR) Specialist is responsible for assisting with a wide range of business operations in support of the Director, HR, including benefits administration, labor compliance, talent acquisition, and employee engagement for RBR. The HR Specialist sets priorities, manages expectations with leadership and staff, and balances employee and corporate interests while communicating critical information to varied audiences within the company. Essentially, the HR Specialist is the primary corporate POC for employees at RBR when it comes to questions, concerns, and basic HR transactions:
- Maintains the company organizational chart(s) in the Human Capital Management (HCM) system, including department, program, and position-level work classifications and job titling.
- Maintains all personnel data in the HCM and approves change actions to employment status, compensation data, and position assignments.
- Administers RBR's total rewards program, to include all core medical, fringe, and 401K benefits.
- Assists new hires with benefit enrollments, manages selections during employee qualifying life events (QLEs), and handles onboarding/offboarding of staff.
- Collaborates with the Director, HR on compliance activities (annual reporting, labor law posters, required notices, etc)
- Tracks and assists in the resolution of interpersonal conflicts, employee relations issues, policy violations, and performance improvement plans (PIPs).
- Reviews ADA "reasonable accommodation" requests and works with Managers and Director, HR to develop approved solutions.
- Tracks and advises staff on solutions for paid leave, unpaid leave, illness, bereavement, and all other special leave types
- Consults with the Director, HR to develop internal trainings, including New Hire Orientation, Benefit Open Enrollment All Hands, Interview Training, etc.
- Collaborates with Office Administrator as needed for employee engagement and candidate experience touchpoints.
- Supports talent acquisition at RBR as needed, at times working directly with the Senior Recruiter to source, screen, and place candidates.
- Helps maintain RBR's applicant tracking system in collaboration with the Senior Recruiter
- Manages the "pre-hire process" to make sure new hires arrive at RBR with all required actions completed (pre-employment drug testing, full application requests, digital onboarding completion)
- BA/BS from an accredited school
- Knowledge of a wide spectrum of employment and benefit laws. Payroll law a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of generalist Human Resources experience in a small- to mid-sized corporation. Government contracting environment experience a plus.
- 1+ years of full lifecycle recruiting experience. IC recruiting experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Strong experience with MS Office Suite and ability to work with various HRIS, timesheet, and payroll systems.
- Excellent writing skills in support of HR written communications and other HR "products" at RBR
- SHRM, PHR, or affiliated HR certification is a huge plus
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at RBR-Technologies, where employment is based on personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other conditions of employment.
Get fresh HR Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.