Purpose and Scope:
The Sr. Applications Developer works under the direction of the Applications manager. He/she provides technical support to resolve or assist in resolution of issues relating to ERP systems, reports, and other software applications. The position is responsible for interacting with end users, opening support tickets with software vendors, and identifying and implementing solutions for software application issues. He/she also provides input for the improvement of processes and procedures. This position may involve some database maintenance work, such as writing and executing complex procedures and programs to extracting data for business purposes or audits.
- Provides training, troubleshooting, and support to software application users
- Coordinate the processing of incoming requests to IT Service via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timeliness, and effective resolution of end user software application issues
- Liaise with third parties and IT partners to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Implement minor changes to the ERP system
- Track and manage changes to the application software per defined Change Management process
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- Determine severity of incidents and efficiently escalate them using the incident management process
- Keep requester informed of progress
- Ensure resolution meets user requirements while meeting Service Level requirements
- Support a 24 x 7 manufacturing environment.
- Experience supporting Syteline ERP system is preferred
- Ability to write simple SQL queries preferred
- Microsoft Access/Excel/Word/PowerPoint expertise is required
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with Industry Standard ticketing system preferred
- Ability to work independently under general supervision within a demanding client centric environment.
Education & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of work experience in an IT related field is preferred.
- High School Diploma and 10+ years of relevant work experience; 7+ years with Associates
- General knowledge of Windows Server (2012 and newer) operating system
- Advanced knowledge of various Database Management Systems (DBMS)
- High level of experience with desktop operating systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent research skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Strong written and oral communication skills, possess the ability to interact with senior management and technical staff in a professional manner
- Visual Studio (VB.net / C#), Team Foundation Server, RPG, Cobol
- Oracle (PL/SQL), SQL Server (T/SQL), and DB2 query writing and troubleshooting
- Ability, initiative and accountability to execute broad assignments requiring minimal direction
- Moderate understanding of enterprise datacenter technologies including Networking, Security, TCP/IP and DNS