Sonic Industries, Inc., part of the RBC Bearings family, is a leading aerospace fastener company. RBC / Sonic have an immediate opening for a Quality Engineer. III The Quality Engineer (QE) will utilize a wide range of knowledge and skills to participate in Quality Engineering and Continuous Improvement projects and programs. The Quality Engineers will be the point of contact for interfacing of Quality Assurance issues with the respective internal customers. The QE will also support for technical and programmatic issues in support of customer requirements, specific responsibility with Boeing.
Key Position Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following and will be performed with limited supervision.
Maintain QMS; initiating, reviewing, & revising policies/procedures in accordance with AS9100.
Performs Preliminary Reviews of Non-conformance Inspection Reports and evaluates in-process rejections IAW QA Process Procedures for Non-conforming Material and MRB Activity.
Hands-on working knowledge of ASME Y14.5
Plan and implement quality initiatives based on metrics
Leads or participates in RCCA activities as necessary.
Review & approve changes to manufacturing plans & drawings based on customer requirements.
Review contracts, specifications, purchase orders, and planning.
Issue and review internal and supplier corrective actions.
Provide corrective action and containment for customers as required.
Work with members of the supply chain to ensure the quality of raw materials, components, or sub-assemblies meets the company’s quality standards.
Identify and apply COQ concepts, including cost categories, data collection methods and classification, reporting and interpreting results.
Implements FMEAs per customer specific requirements cross- functionally.
Interfaces with all organizational levels internally and with customers; specifically Boeing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
The successful candidate for this job must have educational training and working experience in Quality Assurance or performed at a Quality Engineer working level in a DOD, FAA, Aerospace, Product Manufacturing or Design to Prototype business.
- Knowledge and experienced in Boeing Quality requirements.
- Knowledge and use of precision inspection equipment and calibration.
- Working knowledge of PPAP and FAA/PMA.
- Knowledge of aerospace specifications.
- Ability to assess impact on delivery schedules for design and manufacturing, and impact on overall programs.
- Competency in MS Office, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Ability to analyze and interpret incomplete information; adapts problem- solving approach to variable situations; determines project direction through evaluation of diverse information.
Beneficial Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BS in Engineering highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Quality Engineer in the Aerospace community in similar products.
- Highly preferred mechanical hardware experience, use of gauges, micrometers, and calipers.
- Experience with Metallurgical Lab highly desired.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering; e.g., reliability; maintainability; cost analysis; requirements analysis and flow down, etc.
- Six Sigma experience.
- Must read, understand, refer to and interpret Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) dimensioning and identify third view projection blueprints.
Due to ITAR regulations, this position requires that the employee must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident) or a Foreign Person for whom a license is obtained.
RBC Bearings is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.