RBC Transport Dynamics, located in Santa Ana, CA, is a division of RBC Bearings. We are an international manufacturer and marketer of engineered precision plain, roller and ball bearings. Our customers are classified into three principal categories: diversified industrial, aerospace and defense.
We are currently looking for a Textile and Composite Engineer to join our team.
Job Requirements and Descriptions:
· Understand current fabric offerings down to the twill, satin, and plain weaves, concepts of weft and warp, and denier. Fiberglass, Teflon, Nomex, cotton, Kevlar, and other various thread strands.
· Working in the Materials Engineering group develop new combinations of materials, thicknesses, and coating to derive improvements to existing fabrics, and to develop newer fabrics.
· Research bearing Industry for other composite type materials needed in order to provide superior performance to self-lubricated industry, i.e. engine cowlings.
· Work with suppliers to develop custom thread application to be woven into fabrics.
· Recommend capital investments, training, materials, and equipment.
· Move the company towards in-house production of fabric needs, working with all stakeholders to develop processes, procedures, in-process inspection, test approval of fabrics, and integration into manufacturing.
· Work with Business Management, Customers, and Design and Application Engineering to understand specific application and customer needs.
· Generate synergy with Materials / Polymer Engineering where the combination of polymers and woven materials generates a working, sellable, and intellectual property based products that can be brought to market.
· Industry hands on experience with (set up and operate) weaving looms.
· BS in Textile Engineering from a 4 year accredited university and/or 5 plus years of relevant experience in industrial textile production.
· Prior experience with composite winding is advantageous.
· Development and understanding of thread composition is advantageous.
· Knowledge of pick count and air permeability importance to fabric structure.
· Familiarity with textile related testing equipment.
· Be an individual who is a self-starter, motivated and resourceful.
· Detail orientated and possess a good work ethic.
· Results driven and willing to exceed goals and objectives.
· Able to communicate with all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing.
· Have a positive attitude and a desire to learn.
RBC offers benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401-K, Vacation, Holidays pay, etc.
Due to ITAR regulations, this position requires that the employee must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident).
RBC Bearings is an EEO Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled