Drivetrain Builder Technician
- Expired: October 13, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Working at Zumbrota Drivetrain means great people, good benefits, competitive wages, and an opportunity for growth with a rapidly growing company. Use our easy on-line application process or stop by our office at 622 W 1st St, Zumbrota MN to complete an application.
As a Drivetrain Builder Technician, you will be using your expertise to re-build transmissions, transfer cases and differentials, making experienced decisions on components to produce a quality unit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate core to determine appropriate critical components or any components that do not match quality standard
- Remove internal bearings and gears and identify worn parts and dispose
- Add all components that were selected to be replaced to WIP document
- Ensure all inventoried components are listed on WIP document
- Deliver completed WIP doc to parts pullers for processing
- Start next project while waiting for parts to be pulled and delivered
- Follow build sheets or standard work instructions (as available) to complete all rebuild jobs
- Ensure the finished unit is in good working order and cosmetically acceptable
- Maintain a clean and safe work space
- Perform all responsibilities in a professional and timely manner
- May independently identify or assist junior-level technicians to identify units needing to be prepped for re-manufacturing; wash core and component parts; and inspect cores and components to determine if buildable
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent; technical training preferred but not required
- 2-3 years of automotive, mechanical or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of how to build a specific product class, i.e. transfer case, transmission, or differential
- Ability to work independently and make experienced decisions on components to re-build a quality product
- Use of power tools
This is a full-time on-site position. We offer excellent work/life balance and have implemented many COVID protocols to ensure the safety of our employees. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment background check.
Zumbrota Drivetrain, part of RANDYS Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at RANDYS Worldwide