Hello! We are currently hiring for a Maintenance Manager for a fruit processing facility in Stockton, CA.
Summary: The Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing maintenance functions across the site. This include leading and developing the maintenance team and supporting the facility. Setting daily priorities and ensuring quality work is being completed. Additionally, this position will support the Director of Operations with capital improvement projects. Works closely with operations staff to balance safety, maintenance and production needs. Experience with planning, directing and monitoring preventative and corrective maintenance and repair activities to ensure the company’s buildings, facilities, machinery, and equipment operate reliably and efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following but other duties may be assigned.
· Assist in the development and execution of plant-maintenance vision and mission to assure continuous improvement and alignment with the company vision.
· Ensure that all manufacturing/facility systems are properly resourced and that all resources are efficiently utilized.
· Direct maintenance team members in their roles and responsibilities to meet plant objectives in safety, quality, cost and customer service.
· Provide technical support and coaching for efficient troubleshooting/root cause problem solving activities and maintenance repair to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime.
· Continuously apply sound mechanical and electrical solutions to resolve hindrances to plant efficiencies and to drive continuous improvement. Process Improvement of “Up Time” and reduction of “Down Time” throughout production, following Lock Out Tag Out procedures in a safely manner.
· Develop and maintain a ‘timely’ Preventative Maintenance (PM) Program.
· Provide leadership in implementing/maintaining preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
· Manage maintenance department costs withing budgetary guidelines including labor costs.
· Ensure that appropriate inventory levels for standard replacement parts are maintained.
· Manage the department such that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety Practices are adhered to and a professional appearance is maintained.
· Perform and coach Root Cause Analysis to identify and resolve recurring downtime/inefficient operational issues.
· Schedule mandatory inspections and coordinate certifications with QC and stay within required compliance for all County, State and Federal Regulations.
· Drive employee engagement, training and development to maximize manufacturing, quality, safety and productivity goal attainment.
· Effectively communicate results/action plans to appropriate employees and managers.
· Collaborate directly with Human Resources to insure employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved.
· Ensure all quality and regulatory standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded.
· Develop department KPI’s, baseline current state and utilize the data to improve department effectiveness (including safety, reliability, productivity and quality).
· A minimum of five years of experience in Electrical Maintenance
· Knowledge of advanced electrical components and their function
· Previous mechanical/electrical training or certification is a plus
· Knowledge of how to maintain and operate an ammonia refrigeration system maintenance.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Manufacturing, Production Operations Management or equivalent field of study.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as CAD drawings, blueprints, electrical diagrams, etc. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of investors, vendors, customers, or employees of organization. Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
Ability to calculate and understand figures and amounts such as percentages, area, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, volume capacities and financial proformas. Ability to apply simple financial concepts areas relative to the position.
Ability to solve practical and complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; and Microsoft PowerPoint and various internet communication software as well as syndicated data understanding.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, listen, walk, sit, stand, lift, or move up to 80 pounds. The employee is moderately required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
If you meet the above qualifications please submit your resume for consideration.
Why Work Here?
We are a well established and growing company which offers a very competitive salary to its team members!