A Hospital client has a Contract Opportunity for a Patient Financial Services (PFS) Collection Specialist. Start time will be as early as 5:30am to 7am and decided upon by Hiring Manager. Will include a 30 minute break. Contract expected to be 5 months with possibility of extension.
Responsible for all aspects reviewing payer contracts, claims and performing third party collection activity for hospital services.
- One year of experience in a Revenue Cycle area within a Hospital System; OR two years’ experience performing medical billing/collections or medical accounts receivable functions in a healthcare insurance related environment.
- Requires MediCal Managed Care knowledge or mix of Commercial Insurance & Medicare Managed Care knowledge
- Computer skills including thorough understanding of the EHR system, Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Intermediate knowledge of UB-04 and Explanation of Benefits (EOB) interpretation.
- Intermediate knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes.
- Intermediate knowledge of insurance claims and insurance terminology.
- Good understanding of payer contract language, and how to apply language to reimbursements.
- Epic experience is preferred
R.A.M. Healthcare Consulting Group has over two decades of combined experience providing consulting services to hospitals throughout the United States. R.A.M HCG has built a solid reputation providing superior customer service and client satisfaction. With quality, service, and integrity as our core values, we specialize in staffing for hospitals nationwide. Our success begins with the right people—a highly trained staff and quality healthcare specialists. We are proud of our consultants and stand by them 100%. We also constantly invest in our staff and provide a great work environment and best-in-class benefits.
Find out more about us: www.ramhcg.com