A Laborer/CDL-A Driver will perform a variety of tasks that aid our skilled trade workers and lead to the completion and success of a project. To perform this position sufficiently, the employee must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Driving company vehicle-must comply with company vehicle policies. Vehicles include- 1-ton dump truck with trailer, 1 ton dually with trailer, and semi with a 53-foot trailer.
- Completing Department of Transportation logs and paperwork accurately
- Unloading/Loading of materials weighing 60+ pounds and possible usage of hand tools and small power tools
- Performing the set-up and clean-up of the job site.
- Performing duties such as hauling, digging and moving
- Assisting other skilled trade workers in their performance.
- Performing other relevant duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Prior experience driving a stake truck with manual transmission and air-brakes is required.
- Experience in the construction industry and using electronic logbooks preferred
- Required to have a valid CDL A, reliable transportation and clean driving record
Travel is required for this position, the employee must be willing to travel for up to 4 weeks at a time. RAM will compensate a $350 per diem each week for food allowance. The company will pay for hotel.
As a Laborer/Driver for RAM, the employee will be subject to various work environments. Work environments may include but are not limited to the following: seasonal temperatures, loud and frequent noises, standing/walking for up to 12 hours a day, indoor/outdoor settings, areas close to traffic.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: RAM Construction Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Vets ~ VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Over the years, RAM Construction Services has revitalized aging structures located in dozens of states across the country. The projects range from below-grade waterproofing of a 600,000 square foot auto assembly plant to weatherproofing a 32-story office tower, to the delicate cleaning and restoration of stone and terracotta on a 100-year old church.