Social Media Coordinator
Rainn Washington, DC
- Expired: April 05, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for executing RAINN's social media and influencer strategy and engaging with RAINN's online community. The goal of this position is to use social media to help RAINN reach survivors, advocates, and supporters where they are online with information that is critical to public education and survivor healing. The Social Media Coordinator reports to the Associate Director, Entertainment and Social influence and is a part of the Communications team.
The Social Media Coordinator's daily responsibilities include posting on social media, community monitoring and engagement, asset creation, and influencer research and outreach, as well as other tasks as assigned.
This position occasionally works evenings, weekends, and/or holidays in support of RAINN's programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute social media tactics including creating and posting content for RAINN's social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Execute virtual social media events and departmental campaigns such as Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month, Giving Tuesday, etc.
- Ability to generate and deliver creative content (photo, graphic, and video), as well as work with the Graphic Designers or others to create visually content.
- Utilize social listening to engage RAINN's online community with daily engagement and interaction. Use the observations to influence social media tactics and pitch new content ideas.
- Work with the Manager of Social Media & Social impact on influencer research, outreach, and partnership analysis. Record in Salesforce.
- Work with the Manager of Social Media & Social impact to create and edit partners' and other department's social media requests.
- Track metrics and build monthly reports on social media efforts.
- Monitor and build RAINN's paid social media and search ads.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- 1-3 years in digital content creation and social media experience.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field.
- understands how to use social media for business and create platform-specific content for different audiences. Committed to learning daily and keeping up with trends and platform changes.
- Innovation, resourceful idea generator with sharp instincts for risk forecasting and contributing to online conversations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as customer service capabilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple shifting priorities, and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Familiarity with scheduling tools such as platform native tools, Later, Hootsuite, etc., as well as the ability to learn new platforms quickly.
- Proficient in design tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite and Canva. Advanced knowledge is preferred.
- Familiarity and comfortability with discussing sexual violence and survivors' needs. Willing and excited to research more apply learnings.
- Must complete and pass a criminal background check (administered by RAINN).
This position is based in Washington, DC. Please note that RAINN staff are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To Apply: Please submit resume, cover letter to the Communications Manager: https://rainn.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be constructed as an exhaustive statement of the essential functions, responsibilities, and/or requirements.
When you work for RAINN, you're joining a team of experts and professionals who stand up for survivors of sexual violence every day. Your job is important--and so are you. RAINN will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. RAINN is committed to maximizing the diversity of its organization and depends on a diverse staff to carry out its mission, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
BusinessView all jobs at Rainn