Information Security Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Information Security Engineer
Job Title: Information Security Engineer
Job Location: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of Technical Services
Type of Shifts: Full Time
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week
Recognized and accredited by the American College of Radiology, Radiology and Imaging Specialists (RIS) prides itself on being a high-quality workplace that is supportive of you through teamwork and celebrating success. RIS has grown to be one of the leading radiology providers in Polk County in Polk County since starting over 50 years ago. With more than 45 physicians and five imaging centers, our physicians, administration, and staff strive to be an independent radiology practice providing the community with high-quality, compassionate service utilizing leading-edge technology. As a growing company, you’ll find opportunities to strengthen and develop your career in healthcare with a team of supportive leaders. As a growing company, you’ll find opportunities to strengthen and develop your career in healthcare with a team of supportive leaders. RIS is based in historic Lakeland Florida, with great community offerings with great community offers such as outdoor recreational activities, excellent universities, award-winning community theaters, art museums, and more.
The Information Security Engineer, under supervision of the Technical Services Director, implements security measures that effectively safeguard sensitive data in the event of a cyber-attack. The primary goal of the Information Systems Security Engineer is to handle the computer systems, networks, and proper evaluation of security issues for new hardware or software. The role is highly collaborative, involving frequent interaction with various members of the IT team. This role will participate on project teams across business and IT groups and assist in planning, design and managing enterprise information security initiatives in support of the core security functions. In addition, this role is responsible for the proper design, implementation, management, and monitoring of the technical security architecture, processes, and systems.
• Provide technical guidance and operational leadership to IT Engineers and other IS Technical staff
• Research and investigate the potential impact of new threats and exploits
• Guide the Information Security team in examining and developing networks security solutions
• Provide advice on vulnerabilities or potential vulnerabilities within architecture
• Analyze any security-related data from a wide range of security products and devices
• Create security tools and processes for scanning, testing, monitoring, and reporting
• Play an active role in searching through datasets to detect any threats and anomalies
• Take care of Information Security Systems such as various endpoints, network logging, monitoring, and preventive systems
• Safeguard the organization from involuntarily disclosing sensitive information
• Conduct various networks security scans to detect cybersecurity threats
• Play an active role in minimizing the negative impact of security breaches
• Develop and conduct comprehensive risk based technical security and compliance audits within, or across technical corridors
• Lead strategic and tactical security initiatives, with strong technical and compliance knowledge in network, platform, and application security technologies
• Lead organization initiatives like HIPAA, Security/Privacy, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, NIST based security and risk management standards, and industry best practice security standards
• develop, implement, and manage security policies, procedures and standards
• This position includes project management, working with vendors and customers, supporting staff and other departments while maintaining a high level of professionalism
• Collaborate with multiple teams regarding security and privacy obligations and duties
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with medical staff personnel, other clinical and ancillary employees, and outside staff from referring physician offices
• Support business and process analysis, project planning and definition, and process implementation in moderate to complex environments
Perks and Benefits
• RIS offers competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
• Opportunity for remote work
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related field of study or equivalent experience
· Professional certification in technical security or within a relevant networking or platform technology. Certifications like Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) preferred
· 5 years of IT experience in complex environments with extensive knowledge of computer networking and platforms.
• Examples include network operating systems; firewalls; intrusion detection/prevention systems; wireless security including wireless intrusion prevention systems; web proxies; vulnerability scanning technologies; VPN's; Windows and Unix-based platforms; identity management; IT incident response; and network architecture
· Strong working knowledge of application security concepts from a secure coding, secure design, and ongoing change management and monitoring perspective
· Knowledge of Vulnerability Assessment tools (Tenable.SC, Nessus Professional, etc.)
• Knowledge of Security Information Event Management (SIEM) tools (Solarwinds SEM, Splunk, What's Up Gold)
Skills & Qualifications:
• High level of organizational skills
• Ability to lead others to complete project and/or team goals
• Collaboration and negotiation skills
• Strong business acumen
• Ability to overcome obstacles across technology and process boundaries
• Skill to operate a variety of computer and communications equipment effectively
• Leadership and mentorship abilities
• Ability to communicate in a professional, concise, and courteous manner in both written and oral formats
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods
• Normal hand eye coordination and manual dexterity
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to distinguish letters and symbols
• Ability to respond quickly to sounds
• Clarity of vision at close distances (20 inches or less) and far distances (20ft or more)
• Ability to work independently
Radiology and Imaging Specialists is an equal opportunity employer
RADIOLOGY & IMAGING SPECIALISTS OF LAKELAND
Get fresh Information Security Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.