Radio Frequency Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Radio Frequency Technician
RADA USA is seeking a Radio Frequency Technician to provide technical expertise to numerous manufacturing and development programs within RADA USA. Primary responsibilities include supporting production testing and troubleshooting of AESA radar systems for numerous defense applications. This position will work with the Operations team, Test Development and Manufacturing Engineering teams. The candidate will possess good communication skills and be able to work in a dynamic team environment. Extensive on the job training is provided.
The Radio Frequency Technician will be responsible for the operation of the production test equipment including the introduction of new products, capabilities, and technologies. Specific equipment includes anechoic chambers, environmental stress systems (temperature & vibration), spectrum analyzers and board level test/troubleshooting stations. The candidate will apply the radio frequency theory of operation for the unit under test to determine system faults and implement corrective actions. Additionally, the candidate will work on systems validation, test and analysis while working through all phases of development and integration.
- Working on circuit boards and evaluating cause and effect of bad testing results
- Interpreting components on electrical diagrams and schematics
- Developing working experience with Spectrum Analyzers and Oscilloscopes and tuned feedhorns test methodologies, processes, scripts, and associated software routines designing, developing, and implementing specialized automated test equipment
- Assisting manufacturing operators in the testing & troubleshooting of production hardware, documenting processes and procedures
- Interpreting, developing, and working with radio frequency circuit boards
- Supporting production test of radio frequency and microwave subsystems and components on functional test platforms
- Documenting radio frequency test practices
- Understand computer networking experience including Python and C++
- Engagement with design and test development teams to solve issues impacting production
- Analyzing data to drive issues to root cause
- Developing PCB’s and working with double sided PCB’s along with knowledge of multi-layer boards
- Generating Change Requests (CRs) on technical issues relating to the production test process
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics; preferably in electrical engineering, electrical engineering technology or similar
- A strong understanding of radio frequency electronics theory
- Previous experience with spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and field fox
- Ability to read and interpret components on electrical diagrams and schematics
- Experience collecting and processing radio frequency data
- Troubleshooting experience with radio frequency test equipment
- Professional experience with test, test engineering, and/or troubleshooting experience
- Operational knowledge and testing experience with an anechoic chamber
- Must be able to operate radio frequency test equipment independently including Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, Programmable Power Supplies and custom developed test fixtures
- Tuning in to radio frequency (analog or digital) test / troubleshooting skills
- Experience with antenna testing and characterization
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
- ABET is the preferred accreditation standard
- Ability to understand and develop code in Python, C++
- Advanced understanding of radio frequency electronics theory
- Use of radar hardware
- A continuous improvement mindset to enhance manufacturing test methods through process modernization
- Experience in reading, understanding and accurately following prints, schematics, sketches, as well as work from verbal and/or written instructions including test procedures
- Past work history with the design, fabrication and testing of electronic and mechanical sub-systems and CCAs
- Mechanical knowledge, ability to fabricate test setups
- Experience in documenting findings encountered during testing and troubleshooting
- Experience with of the following tools: LabVIEW, Mentor DX Designer, High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS), SystemVue, Genesys, and Advanced Design System (ADS)
- Ability to prepare documentation with minimal oversight
RADA USA offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with a pre-tax Health Savings Account
- LT/ST disability insurance & life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- Generous paid time off allowance
RADA USA is a defense radar company specializing in the design, development, production, and sales of All-Threat, Air Surveillance radars. RADA offers advanced pulse-Doppler, multi-mission, AESA radars for tactical applications. These software-defined radars introduce hemispheric spatial coverage with excellent performance-to price ratio.
RADA USA located in the Maryland / Greater Washington DC area. Our focused size is ideal for innovation, collaboration, and professional growth, and our combined staff expertise is both comprehensive and diverse. We are always interested in adding new members to our team who thrive in this environment.
RADA USA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
RADA Technologies LLC
Get fresh Radio Frequency Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.