- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
R.W Mercer Co. is a family-owned construction and service-company headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, with seven locations – six in Michigan and one in Indiana. The company operates in two distinct areas of construction: petroleum contracting and service and general contracting. In each area, R.W. Mercer provides a turn-key approach that includes planning, design, construction, and installation as well as service, monitoring, and maintenance.
We are seeking a reliable, detail oriented and organized individual with a positive attitude and strong work ethic to join our Redford, MI Branch. The Service Coordinator will work closely with our team of Service Technicians, and our Corporate Inventory and Service Operations Managers to ensure our customer’s needs are met and exceeded.
· Assist and support the service department with service dispatching by administering calls and assigning on service dispatch board.
· Maintain and track service work orders, invoicing, and various administrative duties.
· Review and audit statuses of work orders, communicating updates with Service Manager.
· Answer incoming calls in a congenial manner; provide information as appropriate and initiate correspondence in response for requests for information including service calls and part sales.
· Assist and support the warehouse personnel with shipping/receiving, physical inventories, over-the-counter part sales, and other various inventory functions.
· Support other departments as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate in a positive manner with customers and team members.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Great attention to detail.
· Work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.
· Prior experience with Sage is preferred.
· 2+ years of professional administrative experience.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Prior AP experience is preferred.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. May be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
Primary functions require maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public. Must be able to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; possibly stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach and twist; push, pull, lift and/or carry light to moderate amounts of weight; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
*The Company reserves the right to add or change these duties of the position at any time. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will”.
The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
R.W. Mercer, Co.Why Work Here?
Family-owned, niche industry; come Make Tracks with us.
R.W. Mercer, Co. is a family-owned construction and service company headquartered in Jackson, Michigan. We have seven locations – six in Michigan and one in Indiana. Our company operates in three distinct areas: petroleum construction, petroleum service, and general contracting. We strive for unparalleled trust, performance, and pride with our commitment to our customers, employees, and suppliers. Our motto, Making Tracks, symbolizes our journey of our past, where we are going, and how we will get there. Through talent, growth, and execution, we will continue Making Tracks throughout the communities we service.