Project Manager, Public Involvement
- Expired: February 23, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Be a trusted advisor within our public involvement group, on one of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects in the nation.
R.M. Chin & Associates, Inc. (CHIN) provides expert project, program, and construction management, owner's representation, design, and engineering consulting services for leading public and private entities in the transportation, aviation, and buildings sectors. Since the firm's inception in 1989, our business is built on integrity, trust, and an unwavering commitment to exceeding expectations. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals and technical staff with expertise that spans planning, design, engineering, logistics, construction management, project controls, technical analysis, strategic communications, and quality control. Partnering with each client, we collaborate objectively and effectively to see the broader vision, and our clients depend on our skill to provide consistent results.
CHIN is seeking an experienced Project Manager to run project outreach initiatives involving public hearings, public meetings, regional studies, community engagement, and developing communications materials. In our Public Involvement Group, this Project Manager will be expected to plan, organize, and implement projects on time and within budget. Project Managers must have demonstrated experience in managing a program from start to finish. Successful candidates will have excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated leadership, professionalism, and business acumen. Candidates must have strong writing and communication skills.
- Manage various size outreach, public engagement, policy and planning initiatives.
- Plan and implement outreach activities including stakeholder engagement and public meetings for projects.
- Closely and effectively coordinate with the project team and client staff on a regular basis including establishing and adhering to project timelines.
- Create overall messaging and timeline for implementation.
- Plan and lead internal and external project team meetings.
- Develop project deliverables including fact sheets, project reports, newsletters and other project-related materials.
- Direct project associates to assist with project deliverables, such as meeting minutes, project reports, meeting logistics.
- Review, research and summarize best practices.
- Conduct data collection and analyze data with the ability to translate information into appropriate communications for target audiences.
- Write technical reports.
- Ensure QA/QC is being implemented on every project.
- Bring new and innovative ideas to the project team for project implementation and external relations efforts.
- Handle all other project management duties that arise.
- Education - Bachelor's degree in political science, public policy, public administration, urban planning, business administration, communications, or the equivalent
- Experience - GIS experience, 2 years preferred
Candidate must demonstrate a willingness to acquire new responsibilities and skills, and work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills
- Proven professional research skills
- Interest in and knowledge of public policy issues
- Ability to juggle a variety of tasks simultaneously and prioritize projects efficiently
- Ability to be flexible, well-organized, and self-sufficient
- Strong planning, organization and implementation skills which allow the successful completion of projects by specific due dates
- Willingness to work occasional evenings or weekends when project needs dictate
- Understanding of social media as a project communication tool
- Strong dedication to client/customer service
- Knowledge of federal, state, regional, and local transportation infrastructure issues and stakeholders is a plus
- Proficiency in a second language is preferred
R.M. Chin & Associates, Inc., M/W/DBE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, offering comprehensive benefits and competitive pay.
Come be a part of our growing team!
TechnologyView all jobs at R.M. Chin