Regional General Manager
R.L. Schreiber Denver, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provides guidance and vision for independent Purveyors to support company objectives while helping to set the path for growth.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop region sales plan in support of sales and company objectives.
- Achieve regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Monitor, forecast and analyze sales growth, sales variances or competitive opportunities within the region and report business results.
- Deliver annual sales target per the annual budget plan.
- Oversee timely route specialist replacement upon departure of Purveyor
- Manage and develop Purveyors to meet & exceed route standards.
- Develop and implement action plans to achieve pricing, mix and profit goals for R.L. Schreiber. Report sales goal progress as required.
- Expand customer base by coaching Purveyors, building rapport with key regional customers, and identify new customer opportunities.
- Create an on-going plan to develop new business opportunities to assist in revenue and profit growth.
- Develop prospective customers and new opportunities by using directories, internet, networking, following up on leads. Review and create plans to pursue inactive customers to recapture lost business. Review and create plans to grow business with existing accounts.
- Report food safety issues promptly to Supervisor and QA personnel.
- Provide regular data on competitive regional and national market pricing
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve route logistics and scheduling.
- Train and assist Purveyors to accurately execute inventory management,
- credit applications, accounts receivable, and related sales admin functions
Secondary Functions :
- Recommend new product opportunities and/or product packaging and service changes by surveying customer needs and trends and tracking competitors.
- Answer customer questions about products, pricing, product applications, credit terms, marketing programs, and problem resolution.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading industry publications and networking within our industry.
- Work hand in hand with all other departments to ensure smooth daily operations in the region as well as to maximize sales opportunities
Work Experience Requirements:
- Five (5) years of foodservice sales or equivalent business-to-business sales experience
- Experience managing foodservice distributors or brokers preferred
- Extensive travel (80%)
- Proficiency with computer applications and aptitude for learning computer applications (MS Office Suite, ERP Systems, CRM Systems, Outlook, Power Point)
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Team player
- B.S. in business or equivalent
- Ten (10) years of experience may be substituted for degree
- Change implementation
- Strong analytical skills
- Sales technology knowledge
- Problem solving
R.L. SchreiberWhy Work Here?
RL Schreiber is a Family owned company of 50 years, providing our customers the best quality of Soup Base, Gravy and Spices.
R.L. Schreiber, Inc., is a dynamic family-owned food manufacturer with offices in Lebanon, KY and Pompano Beach, Florida. The company was established in 1968 and currently manufactures food bases, gravies, sauces, spices, spice blends and gourmet food ingredients for the food service and retail markets. The corporate philosophy of manufacturing superior products and providing excellent customer service has been a key to the success and longevity of the company.