Trademark Law Paralegal
- $18 to $23 Hourly
R.J. Pierce Law Group, P.C. is looking for a skilled paralegal to join our growing firm! As a member of the R.J. Pierce legal team, you will be an essential part of the overall operational strategy that drives our business forward.
As a paralegal for our firm, you will work under the direction of a supervising attorney and will assist in the administration of trademarks, managing client trademark case files, filing trademarks and conducting research on behalf of the trademark attorneys. Our paralegals interact regularly with firm attorneys, contractors and clients.
- Assisting the legal team with conducting and analyzing trademark clearance searches; retrieving, analyzing and reporting the status of registrations and performing other tasks as necessary relating to the administering of the trademark process.
- Responsible for researching and developing trademark opinion letters
- Assist Attorneys and clients with intake, planning, and managing portfolios.
- Manage multiple client-facing databases containing pending and completed matters for each client.
- Assist with preparation, filing, and maintenance of trademark applications at the USPTO.
- Organize, maintain, and update files and docket information related to clients’ trademark status.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Associate's degree or certificate in paralegal studies
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a paralegal, experience with Trademark Law or Intellectual Property is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Candidates must possess strong communication, organization, research, writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to work and communicate with a team in an online collaboration platform.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on several initiatives simultaneously within compressed time frames, while still maintaining effectiveness
- Must have proficient computer and technical skills
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to prioritize and work proactively with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Effective rapport-building and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful, innovative and creative
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence and problem solving skills
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
DESIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Experience or familiarity with the USPTO
- Knowledge of Docketing Experience
R.J. Pierce Law Group, P.C.
200 W Madison StAtlanta, GA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.