Experienced paralegal for Law Firm
Office hours: 9 am to 6 pm (includes one hour for lunch)
Litigation law firm based in Mineola, Long Island seeks a highly motivated and experienced paralegal. Fluency in both English and Spanish, preferred.
Boutique law firm seeks a highly motivated bilingual (English/Spanish) experienced paralegal. The ideal candidate should be familiar with civil litigation and bank foreclosure work. Must have a working knowledge of legal terminology, practice and principles. Must have strong organizational and communication skills. Must be computer literate and able to draft legal documents and correspondences. Must be able to work independently and understand the importance of being a team player and able to multitask. The right candidate must keep up with deadlines and prioritize work as needed. This is a full time, long term position that is available immediately for the right candidate. Foreclosure experience a plus, but not absolutely necessary. Salary commensurate with experience and ability.
* Must know how to operate a computer, and be able to use WordPerfect, Word, Adobe Acrobat and Google Docs;
* Must know how to electronically file documents on both federal and state court websites;
* Must be capable of drafting Summons and Complaints, Verified Answers, template driven discovery demands, notices of appeal, stipulations, form motions, and able to interview clients, collect documents and draft loan modification applications.
* Must have excellent verbal and writing skills and be highly organized;
* Must have a working knowledge of legal documents;
* Must be able to meet time sensitive deadlines; and
* Must be able to follow directions and execute them as requested, when requested.