Office Services File Clerk for Law Firm
Office hours: 9 am to 6 pm (includes one hour for lunch)
Litigation law firm based in Mineola, Long Island seeks a highly motivated File clerk/Legal Assistant. Fluency in both English and Spanish, preferred.
This is a full time position for a college graduate, who is interested in the working in a law firm. Familiarity with legal documents is a plus. Manage, organize and file legal documents and correspondences in their proper electronic and hard copy paper files. Assemble documents and exhibits, as needed. Keep track of the location of every file and keep each file updated with incoming documents on a weekly basis. Must know how to electronically file documents on state and federal court websites or be willing to learn and follow directions. Occasionally pick up or deliver documents, and/or files, to courts on Long Island and in New York City metro area. Cover the front desk and answer phones as needed. Fax, photocopy and scan documents. Light computer work drafting and filing form letters, stipulations and notices. Other basic clerical duties include storing office supplies upon delivery.
* Must know how to operate a computer, and be able to use WordPerfect, Word, Adobe Acrobat and Google Docs;
* Must have a driver’s license and car for delivery of documents to courts;
* Must be able to lift, move and arrange files and boxes containing files;
* Excellent organizational skills;
* Knowledge of legal documents;
* Must be fluent in English and able to write and speak clearly; and
* Must be able to follow directions and execute them as requested.