The Project Manager is responsible for providing management and technical support for project development and implementation including HUD compliance, contract and procurement activities, various federal, state and local regulations and Agency policy requirements. This position assists with directing the short and long term planning, control and monitoring of project scheduling and implementation, program and project development, budget review, and adherence.
The Project Manager is accountable for maintaining all project records, project information management, monitoring of the project budget, project contracts, procurement, design development, construction progress and serving as point of contact for all site-related project activities. This position requires independent judgment, thinking and rationalization of decisions daily with the best interest of R L Burns Inc. at hand. The Project Manager works closely, as directed by the Senior Project Manager or Program Director, Owner and/or Owner’s Representative, Design and Construction Staff, Sub-Contractors, City and County Representatives and Authorities having jurisdiction in resolving project development and implementation issues.
- Coordinate planning, programming, and management to ensure project activities are executed in accordance with established contract requirements, budgets and schedules to achieve project completion on time and within budget.
- Assist the Senior Project Manager, Program Director, and Master Developer to provide planning, programming, and project management support to ensure all project activities are executed in accordance with established means, methods and constraints.
- The Project Manager will establish and manage the project documentation system, including use of and assistance with the further development of any related Project Management Information Systems.
- The Project Manager will implement and maintain budget and schedule controls.
- The Project Manager will report significant issues in a timely manner to the Project Director and will prepare Monthly Progress Reports in accordance with contract documents.
- The Project Manager will participate in reviewing and evaluating documentation related to the planning, site investigation, design, construction, and contract administration.
- The Project Manager will attend project-related meetings, capture minutes, and record issues.
- The Project Manager will maintain the Program Management Team site office for the duration of the project.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Represent the company in a professional manner to the client, architect, consultants, subcontractors, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to develop positive working relationships with the Owner/client, professional consultants, development partners, contractors, end-users and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Manage the project effectively from the initial hand-off to the final completion. This includes managing the construction process, subcontractor relations, cost and budget issues, as well as client expectations.
- Administer the contractual aspects of the project in order to maximize profitability and minimize the risk for R L Burns Inc.
- Proactively communicate information to architects, engineers, field personnel, subs, and vendors to enable them to work toward the successful completion of the project schedule and in accordance with contract documents.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to monitor and administer projects ranging from $50,000 – $5 Million.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills, with the ability to read, interpret and develop statistical reports and calculations.
- Must possess a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting and budgeting practices.
- Must be able to read and interpret building and site plans and specifications.
- Must be able to prepare cost estimates and project schedules.
- Must possess working knowledge of computer applications, including word processing, financial management systems and project scheduling software. (Word, Excel, MS Project, Sage300, Procore, Bluebeam Primavera III, and P6)
- Possession of working knowledge of HUD guidelines, regulations, and requirements as pertains to real estate design and construction projects is desirable.
- Excellent punctuality and attendance is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Construction Management, Planning and Development, or related field preferred.
Five to seven years of experience in the project management field. Experience needed as a manager/supervisor at GOAA and OCPS.
Professional registration and/or a Master’s degree is a plus, but not required.
This staff member completes most work functions in a general office environment. There are regular requirements to conduct field inspections and observations of the development activities. Public meeting and consultation processes require some evening and weekend participation on an infrequent basis.
We have extensive experience working with local, state and federal government projects, K-12 schools and Higher Education, Aviation, Parks & Recreation Facilities, and Military Facilities.
R L Burns
Why Work Here?Award - Winning Construction Firm We have extensive experience working with local, state and federal government projects, K-12 schools and Higher Education, Aviation, Parks & Recreation Facilities, and Military Facilities.
Family owned business, great place to work! Lots of growth potential.