Are you ready to become part of an innovative and growing custom automation team? At R+D you’ll gain vast knowledge and be exposed to the latest systems and technology in a short period of time. We are a growing and fast-paced group with over 40 plus years in the market place looking for the right individual who will add value. We pride ourselves in our core values, workmanship, and ethics delivering the innovative and robust systems that our customers demand. If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career opportunity; one which will increase your knowledge base faster than you’ve experienced before and would like to be considered for employment to an elite organization, we welcome you to apply and look forward to showing you what has made R+D Custom Automation a success and indispensable value to our customers.
Mechanical Design Engineer
R + D Custom Automation, a leading manufacturer of custom automation equipment, is currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team. We are searching for a highly motivated, self- starter who has a passion for Mechanical Engineering in the Life Science industries. We are located near the Wisconsin/Illinois border.
- Create mechanical designs from concept through implementation.
- Support application engineering by proposing automation concepts that meet customer requirements and by providing cost estimates.
- Determine customer requirements to determine feasibility of design.
- Create build plans and assembly instructions in order for the mechanical assemblers to accurately assemble/build to print.
- Oversee build and debug activities to ensure products conform to customer specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively to peers, managers, supply chain, and customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or comparable knowledge/experience required.
- Three to five years of automation development experience preferred.
- Proficient in Solidworks including technical expertise in 3D modeling and solid modeling.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications, blueprints, etc.
- Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer attractive, competitive compensation,
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan with employer match
- Profit sharing
- Bonus structure
- Paid Vacation
Today our facilities are 37,000 square feet and we've built a team of knowledgeable and experienced engineers, machinists, and assemblers. With its capable team, R+D provides full-service capabilities so 90% of project work stays in-house allowing greater control and accountability for budget, quality, and deadlines.
R+D Custom Automation is a privately held company focused on growing swiftly but responsibly. We have competitive pay as well as benefits packages, and we offer employees the opportunity to work in a fast-paced technical environment. The variety of the work we do is very challenging and rewarding to our employees. We focus on automation for the Life Sciences industry, so the quality of the work we do is truly impactful to our customers and ultimately the patients they service.