Mechanical Design Engineer
R + D Custom Automation, a leading manufacturer of custom automation equipment, is currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team. We are searching for a highly motivated, self- starter who has a passion for Mechanical Engineering in the Life Science industries. We are located near the Wisconsin/Illinois border.
- Create mechanical designs from concept through implementation.
- Support application engineering by proposing automation concepts that meet customer requirements and by providing cost estimates.
- Determine customer requirements to determine feasibility of design.
- Create build plans and assembly instructions in order for the mechanical assemblers to accurately assemble/build to print.
- Oversee build and debug activities to ensure products conform to customer specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively to peers, managers, supply chain, and customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or comparable knowledge/experience required.
- Three to five years of automation development experience required.
- Proficient in Solidworks including technical expertise in 3D modeling and solid modeling.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications, blueprints, etc.
- Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer attractive, competitive compensation,
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan with employer match
- Profit sharing
- Bonus structure
- Paid Vacation
To learn more about our company, visit our website http://rdcustomautomation.com/