We are a local San Francisco General Engineering Contractor looking for an entry level project engineer to assist us with our construction projects. We can provide you with real world experience, and on the job knowledge and tools to help you excel your career. We provide a safe and motivating working environment, that can help you learn more about the construction industry.
- Read and understand drawings, specification, and bid documents;
- Quantity take-off and obtain subcontractor's and supplier's pricing;
- Negotiate with vendors and contractors to receive reasonable order costs;
- Work closely with Project Managers and Project Superintendent for project planning, tracking progress, and reporting;
- Communicate and coordinate with owners, project managers, superintendents, foremen, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, and other parties;
- Process and track RFIs, submittals, T&M work, and change orders;
- Order construction materials and coordinate deliveries;
- Attend project meetings.
- Project documentation and reports;
- Track and create schedule updates using MS Project and project daily reports;
- Assist in quality control, safety management, and inspections;
- Assign costs to work items, suppliers' invoices, change orders, bids;
- Do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management preferred.
Minimum 2-3 years experience in construction industry required.
Construction experience required.
Experience working with City and County of San Francisco is a plus, but not required.
Candidates need to be familiar with interpreting construction drawings, specifications, contracts, estimating and take-offs, and as-built drawings.
Knowledge & Skills:
Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and Project
Proficient in Bluebeam and Primavera 6 a plus
Ability to multi-task
Candidate should be organized, detail-oriented, and willing to come to work.
This position requires candidate to have a valid driver's license.