NO EVENINGS OR SUNDAYS! – BEST SCHEDULE IN RETAIL!
We are an established South Side food and paper supply distributor seeking an Assistant Manager to support our retail store operations in meeting financial and sales goals. Will also be responsible for building associate and customer relations and promoting a strong culture as well as ensuring conditions involving security, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest levels.
Overall, we are looking for someone who takes pride in being a great merchant, a passionate leader, and committed to making sure every customer experience is better than the last!
If this sounds like you, make sure you also meet these requirements:
- Two (2) or more years of retail management experience (Grocery retail experience preferred)
- High School Diploma / Equivalent
- Able to manage changing priorities.
- Ability to pass applicable food safety training courses and/or testing to obtain certifications as required by state and/or county law.
- Maintain compliance by keeping food safety certifications up to date through continuing education and registered with the appropriate agency if applicable.
- Possesses a sense of urgency in the completing tasks and is highly organized.
- Possesses excellent customer service skills.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Customer complaints are handled appropriately and per company policy.
- The store is inviting and shopable.
- Products customers want to buy are in-stock.
- Train staff on how to give exemplary customer service and hold staff accountable.
- Assists the Store Managers in hiring, training and managing all store personnel per company standards.
- Responsible for ensuring safety guidelines are followed at all times.
Great salary and monthly incentive plan!