- Posted: over a month ago
R&L Concrete is as a general contractor and subcontractor servicing New York & New Jersey, specializing in Concrete and Structural Steel Work. You may visit our website at www.randlconcrete.com to see some of the work we have done and learn more about our business.
We are looking for a full-time Construction Estimator. This position will be responsible for evaluating specifications & drawings, and accurately estimating the cost of the project. The Estimator will work closely with our project managers to ensure successful execution of all awarded projects. We expect the candidate in this position to exhibit leadership as we will encourage their growth and development within the company.
What you will be doing:
- Analyze specifications and technical documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Travel to job sites to gather information on materials needed and labor required.
- Meet with potential clients to
- Assemble accurate, well organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner for project bids.
- Provide clear, detailed quantity take offs.
- Complete budget and schedule for projects.
- Monitor progress, requisition change orders, and identify potential risks throughout project.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on cost estimates.
- Prepare cost statements, expenditure statements, and any necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects, and services to track actual costs comparative to bids as the project develops.
- Maintain cost monitoring and project data.
- Review material and labor requirements and decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Evaluate products’ cost-effectiveness or profitability and make proper recommendations to increase profit margin.
- Other duties may be added/changed for new projects or as different situations arise.
What you need for this position:
• Minimum 5 years of commercial construction estimating experience.
• Conceptual estimating experience
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent combination of education and experience in related field.
• Knowledge of estimating processes, technology, and related software.
• Thorough understanding of trades, scopes, timelines, scheduling/sequencing of work.
• Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
• Attention to detail, strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task projects simultaneously.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. R&L Concrete, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
R&L Concrete Inc
10 Ferry StreetSouth River, NJ
ConstructionView all jobs at R&L Concrete Inc