Final Assembly Manufacturing Engineer
If you are an experienced Final Assembly Manufacturing Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, R&E Automated Systems is looking for you to join our team! We are an industry leading technical resource firm who actively supports our manufacturing clients efforts, during build, launch & production, including some of the nation's biggest companies. Our client has a need for an experienced Final Assembly Manufacturing Engineer who knows how to launch new vehicles & resolve issues in vehicle final assembly. This position would be working directly for the OEM client as an R&E Automated employee, but has the potential to be transitioned into an OEM direct employee long term. Assignment duration for any given assembly plant is expected to last a minimum of 9-12 months during launch activities.
The Final Assembly Manufacturing Engineering Program Implementation Team is a cross-functional team having the primary responsibility to implement and manage the plans required to launch vehicle programs at assembly plants. As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for multiple areas of final assembly during launch of new vehicle production for issue identification and resolution. You must be willing to travel for this assignment within North America to OEM Assembly Plants.
The Manufacturing Engineer candidate will be a part of this team and be responsible for the following:
• Provide manufacturing engineering leadership throughout a new model development & launch of new vehicle programs.
• Implementation of new/modified tooling and facilities based on product and process changes.
• Lead manufacturing assembly builds (Volume Production, Tool-Tryout, and Pre-Production phases) in North American assembly plants - Identify and drive resolution of manufacturing related issues - Interface with cross-functional teams to support production activities and issue resolution.
• Write/modify/maintain process sheets as required before, during & after launch.
• Lead assembly tooling installation, start-up, and commissioning at the assembly site. In addition, support tooling buy-off at vendor facility, if necessary/as required.
• Prepare and lead management presentations through issue resolution and reporting for Water, End of Line (EOL), and Interior Ornamentation Tool (IOT) - Drive quality, cost, and labor improvement.
As a Final Assembly Manufacturing Engineer you must:
- Be responsible, punctual and motivated.
- Be a self starter willing to go above and beyond customer expectations.
- Be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Posses and display excellent verbal & written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Automotive Manufacturing Engineering experience required (2+ years)
- Experience w/tooling, processes and facilities required (2+ years)
- Experience in one or more of the following: Interior, Exterior, Chassis, Powertrain, Electrical, Water test, End of Line for Final Vehicle Assembly
- Error proofing experience preferred
- CAD experience required.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Strong verbal & written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to operate in stressful situations within timing constraints.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Working knowledge of statistics (control charts, data collecting, etc.)
- Knowledge in one or more production quality systems used for managing vehicle production.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred
- Additional Safety Training/Licensing/Personal Protection Requirements:
- Extended travel to assembly plants in US, Canada, and/or Mexico required.
- Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Available benefits for this position include (but are not limited to):
• Exceptional medical, dental, vision, life, etc.
• 401(k) with employer match.
• Paid time off, including holidays.