Maintenance Supervisor - Automotive
If you are an experienced Maintenance Supervisor who has worked within the automotive assembly arena and are looking for a position with a leading company, R&E Automated Systems is looking for you to join our team! We are an industry leading technical resource firm who actively supports our manufacturing clients efforts, during build, launch & production, including some of the nation's biggest companies. Our client has a need for a Maintenance Supervisor who knows how to coordinate repair issues, launch activities, and support production downtime events. This position would be working directly for an OEM. This is a 1 year contract position as an R&E Automated employee, but has the potential to be transitioned into a direct hire long term position with the OEM.
- Supervise hourly workforce in production support & maintenance of automated weld assembly lines
- Manage support for production throughput & downtime events
- Manage Tooling, Automation, Repair, Spare Parts & Preventive Maintenance
- Lead team continuous improvement objectives & support issues raised by the teams for maintenance & repair activities
- Plan & manage repairs during production system downtime & planned releases
- Create a conducive work environment for the team(s) to complete their assigned responsibilities / tasks
- Ensure completion of administrative responsibilities in management of maintenance workforce
- 3-5 years experience as Automotive Maintenance Supervisor
- Ability to work any shift as well as rotating shifts and weekends
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Capable of assigning work to unionized hourly workforce and holding employees accountable for following processes pertaining to daily work assignments in terms safety & quality of work
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate leadership behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, team-building, and communication skills
- Automotive weld & assembly experience preferred
- Knowledge of safety and quality systems preferred
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Knowledge of constraint & throughput management principles
- Microsoft Office knowledge (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Prior experience managing a unionized work force
- High School Diploma
- Bachelors Degree
- Health Insurance, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, etc.
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Vacation
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
R & E Automated Systems is at the forefront of Technology advancements and we provide a wide range of services to companies in the automotive, aerospace, medical, agricultural, and military and consumer goods industries. R & E Automated Systems provides unique project solutions to meet our client’s demands.
R&E Automated Systems goes the extra mile to provide our employees a comfortable work environment.
R&E Automated Systems
Why Work Here?R&E Automated Systems (www.reautomated.com) is the industry leader in Controls, Robotics, Laser Welding Applications. In addition, Engineering Services Including Mechanical, Weld Engineering, Simulation, and Service Parts Production. R & E Automated Systems is at the forefront of Technology advancements and we provide a wide range of services to companies in the automotive, aerospace, medical, agricultural, and military and consumer goods industries. R & E Automated Systems provides unique project solutions to meet our client’s demands. R&E Automated Systems goes the extra mile to provide our employees a comfortable work environment.
Great benefits, great atmosphere, vertical growth, opportunity and flexibility, strong Customer base