Industrial Engineer - Automotive Manufacturing
If you are an experienced individual looking for a position with a leading company, R&E Automated Systems is looking for you to join our team! We are an industry leading technical resource firm who actively supports our manufacturing clients efforts, during build, launch & production, including some of the nation's biggest companies. Our client has a need for an experienced individual who has worked as an Industrial Engineer in an automotive manufacturing environment . This position would be working directly for the OEM client as an R&E Automated employee, but has the potential to be transitioned into an OEM employee long term.
The Industrial Engineer - Intermediate plans and oversees layout of equipment, office and production facilities.
Job Responsibilities/Duties (include, but are not limited to):
- Conducts studies in operations to maximize work flow and spatial utilization.
- Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety.
- Ability to take on and own leadership roles in executing the IE launch plan. Provides mentoring and direction to less experienced team members.
- Perform cycle time and bottleneck analyses.
- Develop and improve work methods.
- Work with functional managers and operation managers to improve productivity, quality, and throughput.
- Support World Class Manufacturing (WCM) especially for WO (Workplace Organization) and LO (Logistic) pillars.
- Support IE Manager in various IE and WCM related assignments and projects.
- Perform manpower planning/leveling/adjustments per Assembly Plants' Volume Adjustments.
- Perform Direct Labor, Indirect Labor, and Ergonomic Studies.
- Interact with production management and union leadership on a daily basis on all matters relating to staffing requirements and IE activities.
- Candidate needs to be self-motivated and goal driven.
- Bachelor Degree - Industrial Engineering
- 3-5 years of IE experience in an auto assembly environment performing line balancing (Internships may NOT be included in the 3-5 years of experience.)
- This position requires current, continuous IE experience in Automotive Assembly Process.
- Knowledgable of Manufacturing Processes.
- MS Office Suite Experience.
- Strony Communication & Organization Skills.
- 1+ years of experience using a predetermined time standard (MODAPTS, most, mtm-uas, etc.
- Proficient or Certified in MODAPTS
- May be required to operate a company vehicle. Valid driver’s license required along with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to start within 2 weeks of accepting an offer.
- Health Insurance, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, etc.
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Vacation
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.