The Mechanical Engineer II is part of a fast paced product development team developing next generation systems. Builds and maintains the reliability testing fixtures, which test electro-mechanical systems and sub-systems.
Collects and analyzes reliability data to estimate overall system reliability along with performing root cause investigations and corrective actions to help grow overall product reliability and robustness.
- Hands on test experience with electromechanical/fluid products/fixtures
- Experience writing/executing test protocols
- Experience logging defects and troubleshooting/resolving defects
- Able to manipulate large amounts of data in excel and perform “intermediate” functions (e.g., pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
Nice to haves:
- Statistical background (six sigma greenbelt or better)
- Reliability statistics/concepts (certified reliability engineer)
- Provide mechanical engineering support to various new product development activities, namely reliability growth.
- Act as a team member as assigned throughout the product life cycle.
- Design, prototype, assemble, and verify/validate component- to subsystem- level mechanical assemblies as assigned.
- Develop and execute engineering studies (Design of Experiments) as required.
- Prepares reports, publishes, and makes presentations to communicate findings.
- Draft, update and release project documentation.
- Participate in Design Control Activities, adhering to applicable internal procedures, and external regulations and standards
- May work with or be exposed to biological specimens, e.g. human teeth.
- Participate in and support design reviews as required.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering plus 2 years relevant industry experience.
- Proficiency in mechanical design, Solidworks, and rapid prototyping
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, strategic thinker
- Independent, self-motivated, self-starter, fast-learner
- Team contributor with ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer proficiency (e.g. MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook, SolidWorks, LabView, CFD)