R&D Partners Foster City, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Associate Scientist II to join the tumor fibrosis team in the immuno-oncology group. The candidate will design and execute assays to identify novel therapeutic targets, evaluate the mechanism of action of anti-fibrotic or immunomodulatory drugs, and apply sound scientific method to identify critical path questions. The position will require good communication in order to interface effectively with other functional support groups including histopathology, high-throughput biology, and bioinformatics.
- Conceive, optimize, and execute in vitro immunological assays to support drug discovery efforts
- Interpret data and draw conclusions in a fully independent manner.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, working cross-functionally in a highly collaborative team environment
- Design and optimize complex flow cytometry assays
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Basic immunology knowledge and/or hands on experience with mouse tumor models
- Technical expertise in performing immuno assays (primary cell isolation and culture, flow cytometry, MSD or Luminex)
- Knowledge in molecular techniques such as western blotting, ELISA, gene expression analysis, siRNA/shRNA is a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot and optimize assays as needed; identifying and applying novel techniques or protocols from reports in the scientific literature
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with basic data analysis programs (Flow Jo, Excel, Graphpad Prism, etc.)
- Master's degree and 5-7 years of experience or Bachelor's degree and 7 - 10 years of experience in pharmaceutical sciences, cell biology, molecular biology, or biochemistry in industry or academia.
R&D PartnersWhy Work Here?
You have access to a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k Plan, Weekly payroll etc.
AddressFoster City, CA