Staff Accountant V
Primary Function: Staff Accountant that is responsible for general accounting tasks and financial reporting. Applies accounting principles that include work that is analytical, evaluative and advisory in nature and that requires an understanding of both accounting theory and practice.
Machines, Tools and Equipment used: Calculator, personal computer, copier, telephone.
1. Responsible for maintenance of the general ledger system as it relates to account structures, accounting periods, and new or revised accounts.
2. Responsible for maintaining knowledge of the accounting system and the recording of all transactions to assist the receivable and payable clerks in assuring the accuracy and propriety of their work. Ability to act as backup in receivables and payables as needed.
3. Maintain account reconciliations and the evaluation and analysis of the accuracy of transactions monthly.
4. Responsible for the preparation of certain journal entries and reviewing journal entries of others submitted at month-end for accuracy. Includes maintenance of recurring journal vouchers.
5. Responsible for the preparation and custody of reconciling the subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger for accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets and payroll.
6. Oversee depreciation, fixed asset ledgers and reconciliation.
7. Assist outside auditors by gathering information and documents in a timely manner.
8. Responsible for the preparation of the annual property tax returns for all locations.
9. Responsible for the preparation of certain governmental census forms.
10. Responsible for assisting and acting as backup to the Controller in preparation of the monthly financial packages and reports.
11. Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
12. Ensure compliance with US GAAP rules.
13. Assist the Controller in review and implementation of internal and financial controls.
14. Assist with annual budgeting.
15. Performs special projects as requested by Controller.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting and five years of relevant experience
Associate Degree in Accounting or equivalent accounting experience.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
Experience with fixed asset accounting and systems, and ERP systems.
Prioritization of daily tasks to meet strict deadlines.
Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the “why”.
Excellent attention to detail.
Ownership and pride of work.
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and InsuranceView All Qwerkz Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.