Quotum Technologies, Inc. is looking for an entry level IT Database Administrator (SQL DBA) who is highly motivated, responsible and a detail oriented team player. He will have the opportunity to learn the process of developing software solutions based on client requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Atlanta, GA
· Extensive understanding of science fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, operating systems, database systems, object oriented systems & design
· Possesses a strong mathematical and statistical background, including the ability to create predictive models and correlations
· Highly adept in verbal and written communication skills
· In-depth understanding of modern software development methodologies (Object Oriented)
· Prior experience in writing code using modern software languages (C#, Java, C/C++) – Any work experience on large scale projects with multiple developers would be a plus.
· Understanding of software frameworks such as J2EE and .NET would also be ab advantage
· Comfortable with relational data modeling and database system (RDBMS) design
· Basic understanding of database administration and experience with modern databases (SQL Server, Oracle)
· Should be process and detail oriented
· Participate in the analysis and composition of requirements
· Review code, write documentation and follow test procedures
· Ensure that database servers back up is as per the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
· Conduct test backups to verify that business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) are met
· Be available to troubleshoot SQL Server service outages even after- hours and weekends
· Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to reduce the number of false alarms
· Take decisions on technologies (clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure etc.) to be used for incorporating new systems
· Install and configure new SQL Servers
· Deployment of database change scripts from third party vendors
· Analyze performance issues to determine best solutions to increase performance (i.e. hardware purchases, server configuration changes or index/query changes)
· Documentation of company’s database environment
Keywords: SQL DBA, DB, T-SQL, Entry-Level, Information Technology, Business, College Graduate, Computer Engineering
We encourage applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds:
Accounting, Banking, Business Administration, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Networking, Computer Science, CRM Systems, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Finance, Healthcare, Information Systems, IT, Managerial Science, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Microsoft Stack (.NET), MIS Management Information Systems, Networking Communications, Operations Management, Software Services, Telecommunications
- Competitive pay package with base and performance based bonus
- Generous paid time off
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Visit us www.Quotumtech.com
Our team of experts have been engaged in the recruitment industry for the past decade and we bring a wealth of information and understanding of how the process can be refined for both candidates and recruiters.
With employers, we work as an extension of your HR department and offer a consultative approach that gets the job done at a low cost with a high return in exchange.
With candidates, we listen to your career goals and work with you to improve your technical expertise and then match you with the best offers for your talent.