- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Quote.com is a digital media company with an expanding portfolio of websites primarily in the insurance and finance space. We are actively growing in related fields, including healthcare, wellness, and legal content.
We are a fully remote and flexible environment of collaborative professionals who have been growing online for over a decade. In that time we have adapted to the constantly shifting landscape of online marketing while adding to our incredible team.
About This Position
Our content writers are an integral part of our content production team. You will be responsible for creating quality content that meets our brand style guidelines and SEO requirements. Experience writing content for an online publication is required, while familiarity with AP style, SEO best practices, and WordPress is a plus. Applicants should also possess the ability to consistently meet deadlines and the flexibility to adapt to changing topics and processes.
This position is fully remote and is paid once a month on a per-article basis. Our content writers must provide their own computer, but will be provided with training, access to our whole team, and grammar checking software. This is a contractor position, but Quote.com is constantly growing and there is potential for advancement for the right candidates.
- Writing Experience – Strong content writing skills are required.
- Google Forms and Sheets – Google Forms are used extensively in our content creation process, so familiarity with Google Forms and Google Sheets is helpful.
- Slack – You will be required to access and interact on Slack regularly.
- WordPress Experience – Working knowledge of WordPress or its equivalent is a MUST to be successful in this role.
- Ownership Mentality – Treats freelance work as a small business and completes projects on time and with excellence.
- Team Player – Collaborative team player with the ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Manage Deadlines – The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines.
- Problem Solver – The ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- SEO Experience – Any SEO background is a plus, but not required.
Candidates will be given a short written test to determine suitability for the position. At least one year of relevant experience is required, and candidates must demonstrate the ability to meet the demands and flexibility needed for the position.
The Benefits of Working With Quote.com
We are growing fast and looking for the right people to jump on board to help us continue to grow and keep our quality standards high.
What we love about Quote.com:
- A dynamic and fast-growing company
- Opportunities for advancement
- Pay per project allows editors to dictate how much work they take on and what they earn
- Incentives and rewards for high performers each month
- Stable working environment – 10 plus years of growing business in the lead generation space and private equity funding to fuel future growth
- Flexibility – Work Anytime, Anywhere
Job Type: Contract
Pay: Writers are paid per project, depending on the word count of the piece.
Quote.comWhy Work Here?
We are a great company that likes to promote within and offers an exceptionally supportive team.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Quote.com