Customer Support Associate
- Posted: over a month ago
Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class customer success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As a Customer Support Associate you will be dedicated to providing the best possible customer support to our clients via email and email as part of a dynamic and collaborative Support Team.
- You have at least one year of experience working in a customer facing role, especially as part of a Customer Support or Customer Success Team
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator who goes above and beyond to provide an outstanding customer experience
- You are able to follow team processes and escalation pathways, but are quick to point out when you see potential for improvement or change
- You have experience using advanced software platforms and are able to explain technical concepts to others using clear and concise language
- You are cool under pressure, adept at handling the unexpected, and are able to build strong relationships with clients
- You take pride in being a part of building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive team environment where you regularly express concern for team members' success and well-being
- You have familiarity with the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model, and an interest in either technology or public affairs
- You have familiarity with the support platform, Zendesk
- You possess moderate to advanced technical skills or data analysis/statistical skills, or are interested in building on your knowledge in these areas
- You're a highly motivated self-starter who wants to make valuable contributions to a growing Customer Support team from Day One
What You'll Do:
- First Week: You'll learn the ins and outs of the Quorum platform, test yourself on common use cases, and get to know the Quorum team
- First Month: You'll start to provide direct support to clients with assistance and continue to develop knowledge of the product and how everyday users interact with it
- First Six Months: You will take point on helping people understand how to best use Quorum through a mix of direct support interactions as well as self-service offerings
- First Year: You'll build out Help Center resources, product guides, and work with the team to fine-tune the product for optimal usability
About the Customer Success Team:
- We're responsible for ensuring that clients have an amazing experience with Quorum
- We provide team and individual product demonstrations and trainings that promote best practices in the government affairs space
- We are dedicated to every user's success and address challenges quickly and creatively
- We act as staunch advocates for our clients, including identifying and responding to diverse client use cases
- We take pride in developing personal relationships with our users and our team
- We regularly support one another to ensure the success of our team and our clients
- We're very close as a company—we work together, hang out together, and we value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment:
- Quorum is a hybrid company headquartered in Washington, DC with team members working in Quorum's office, in hybrid, and fully remote arrangements. All applicants for the Customer Support Associate role are eligible to work from home permanently.
- Our vibrant, sunlight, open concept office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our executive team comes together for weekly meetings along with quarterly in person retreats to provide business team updates, address strategic challenges, and build team relationships.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
Do you want to have an impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you.
Base Salary: $44,000.00 - $52,000.00
Variable Compensation: Up to $6,500.00 in team retention and expansion bonuses
On-Target Earnings (OTE): $50,500 - $58,500.00
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company holidays plus additional company-wide days off for team members to rest and recharge
- Four Day Weekends for President's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Free Subscription to the Calm app
- Invest in Yourself Days - one Friday per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- Monthly professional development stipend
- One-time Work from Home Stipend
- 401k match
- Choice of trans-inclusive medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Access to the CIGNA Ginger App to provide behavioral health coaching, therapy, psychiatry and self-care resources
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your own dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a "No Negotiation" policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Customer Support Specialist role cannot negotiate Quorum's base salary offer.
Here's our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a "No Negotiation" policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.
BusinessView all jobs at Quorum