Azure Cloud Engineer
Qumodity Smithfield, RI
- Expired: February 03, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
***Must be located in the US but position is remote
***Long term Contract position
***US Citizenship Required
Qumodity is a leader in building secure, compliant global Azure clouds for large companies. We provide cloud architecture and engineering services for mergers and acquisitions as well as migrations into the cloud using automation. Our team consists of industry-leading talent that has been building cloud solutions for Fortune 50 companies for many years. Every team member has a very deep technical knowledge base, and we are looking for more talented people to join us.
As an Azure Engineer, you will work with the architecture and operations teams to implement Azure resources via Terraform automation. This includes IaaS and mostly PaaS services. Knowledge of how to automate Azure resource builds and an understanding of many Azure resource types beyond virtual machines is needed. The work will be 100% remote and requires a quiet work environment to focus and meet deliverables. This position is 100% in Microsoft Azure. Come join our team let us help you advance your skillset by working with an industry-leading team.
- Build Azure resources based on architecture plans
- Optimize build process by using automation
- Manage and maintain Terraform scripts to automate builds
- Work with security & compliance to ensure each resource meets and exceeds standards
- Build reusable blueprints to rapidly build solutions for customers
- Work with development team to add automated build functions to AI bot
- Assist with solution architecture duties to help new projects into PaaS services
- Lead effort to remove the operating system from cloud solutions
- Assist with Azure policies to enforce standards
- Monitor and manage multiple cloud environments
- Build automated dashboards for executive and management views of resource state
- Define and implement Azure cloud-based solution architectures.
- Help monitor Azure cloud-based systems for availability, performance, reliability, security, etc. using tools like Azure Sentinel, Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Trusted Advisor & Logic Apps.
- Assist with upgrading, installing, and configuring monitoring solutions for Azure IaaS Windows and Linux servers and PaaS services like Azure SQL.
- Diagram as-built solutions and maintain build scripts between environments
- Build and manage Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) solution for developers and end-users
- Install operating systems and application software in cloud compute environments
- Maintain cloud network configurations and network diagrams
- Report on current infrastructure status and planning for future usage.
- Advise on cost optimization for current infrastructure.
Must Have Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline is required (10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education).
- Experience implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment
- Subject matter expertise with Microsoft Azure
- Azure PowerShell and Terraform scripting skills
- Able to pass a background check to obtain a Public Trust (High-Risk) Position
- Must be a U.S. citizen
Preferred Qualifications (soft skills, preferred, nice to have)
- Demonstrated expertise in Azure cloud technologies and services
- Experience designing and developing Azure computing infrastructure, data implementation, networking implementation, security and identity solutions, and solutions by using Azure platform services
- History of performing hands-on Azure work to solve complex technical problems
- One or more Azure cloud certifications
- Experience implementing secure and scalable Azure cloud architectures
- Experience implementing and managing DevOps pipelines for cloud-based workloads
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently to achieve team goals
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and via written documentation.
- Experience with compliance standards (e.g. SOC, NIST, CIS)
- Desire to understand how things work
Job Types: Contract, Contract to hire
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Azure: 4 years (Preferred)
- Systems engineering: 8 years (Preferred)
TechnologyView all jobs at Qumodity