SVP, Studio Sales & Account Management
- $300,000 to $350,000 Yearly
SVP, Studio Sales & Account Management
Sunset Studios / Quixote is one of the largest companies in physical production, owning 70 stages in Los Angeles and new studio developments in London. The current service offering also includes equipment rental of ~ 2,000 trucks, trailers, light & grip, heavy equipment, trucks and trailers, and production supplies. In addition to LA and London, our operations for production services include New York, Atlanta, New Orleans, and Albuquerque. The existing studio business is comprised of the Sunset and Quixote brands.
The SVP, Studio Sales & Account Management executes the sales strategy and leads the day-to-day productivity of the studio sales operations towards a goal of increased NOI. They are responsible for overseeing the entire studio sales process and sourcing clients for our portfolio of studio lots while also providing strategic analysis of the local studio real estate markets and trends in the industry.
Reports to: President, Sunset Studios / Quixote
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee a sales organization consisting of 12 sales personnel.
- Evolve sales strategy such that it best positions Sunset & Quixote to increase revenue.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators and communicate with the sales team and the rest of the studio organization.
- Organize an efficient way to collect and monitor industry production data to provide the earliest view of new greenlit shows.
- Attract, recruit, and develop a world-class sales team.
- Manage and maintain key studio client relationships by consistently interfacing with them in each relevant area (e.g., real estate, production support).
- Navigate the organization structure for production and sound stage plans, know the key decision-makers, and understand how we might work with them to lease stages and grow our business.
- Leverage industry relationships to gather intelligence on leasing comps and rate cards in our key markets.
- Partner with the corporate development team to provide market research and insights that help underwrite new investment opportunities.
- Partner with the marketing team to synchronize marketing efforts with sales strategy.
Sales Strategy & Execution
- Partner with the local sales team in each region to negotiate long-term and important license deals, including our existing studios and new developments or acquisitions.
- Design and execute a sales strategy for new developments (e.g., single-tenant vs. multi-tenant, process timeline, creating marketing materials for the pitch, etc.).
- Pitch potential development opportunities to studios to assess their interest level in leasing and provide this feedback to the investments team.
- Demonstrate a consistent and structured approach to evaluating new license deals as well as long-term lease deals.
- Execute leases for new developments (e.g., Sunset Glenoaks, Sunset Waltham Cross) based on the leasing strategy.
- Coordinate and prioritize sales opportunities and manage the sales pipeline.
- Ensure the sales team creates fact-based rationales to secure internal and external needs.
- In conjunction with the finance team, manage the monthly and quarterly revenue forecast.
- Monitor and report sales performance, competitor initiatives, and market/client trends.
- Be knowledgeable of all tenants, operations, or other actions that directly impact the forecast and ensure those impacts reflect the finance guidance timetable.
- Drive efforts to find additional revenue sources or other actions to counter an unfavorable variance if revenue is not meeting the budget.
- Lead negotiations for prices and terms for major clients and review prices and terms for deals handled by sales staff.
- Partner with the lease administration department on major deals and ensure the appropriate resources, including outside real estate counsel, review and approve major deals.
- Lead annual and long-term sales strategy, including a clear understanding of the marketplace, our competitive position, and revenue growth.
- Focus on outbound sales by developing an outreach program to media decision-makers, including producers, line producers, and entertainment executives responsible for selecting stages and production offices.
- Manage key sales reports, including rent roll reports and lease expiration reports. Prepare bi-weekly occupancy reports for management.
- Manage a Sales team for all studios whose objective is to ensure revenue maximization through the optimal combination of occupancy (stage and production office) with rates and terms.
- Set performance goals, use data and technology to measure and monitor sales process, identify issues, manage/enhance performance, and provide guidance and support.
- Support team to execute specific strategies and associated plans aligning with corporate goals and strategies to achieve specific objectives and targets.
- Coach sales team to solve day-to-day operations challenges.
- Provide the team with professional development advice, guidance, and direction.
- Coordinate and collaborate with all other company departments and represent the Company in the local market.
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of experience leading media, entertainment, or commercial real estate sales organizations.
- Proven ability to generate new revenue streams and deliver exceptional sales revenue growth for media, entertainment, or commercial real estate company.
- Strategic, analytical, and disciplined sales leader with solid operations discipline to manage sales pipelines.
- Ability to collaborate/negotiate with individuals at all levels, including internal and external stakeholders.
- A proven track record of successfully managing and leading a team.
- Ability to establish and implement processes, tools, and structure to support the sales organization's operations.
- Excellent financial analysis and strong reporting skills.
- Experience in budget setting and forecasting sales numbers.
- Active problem-solver with the ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Initiates a positive and determined approach to researching and analyzing new business opportunities.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proactive, self–motivated, efficient, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Polished professional demeanor with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interact effectively with prospects, tenants, peers, vendors, staff, and management.
- Agility with managing multiple competing priorities while staying focused and meeting deadlines without sacrificing accuracy or quality.
- Ability to adapt, pivot and perform in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated working knowledge of software applications, including Microsoft Office, with a high proficiency using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to travel (est. 50%).
WHAT WILL GET YOU NOTICED
- Progressive leadership in sales.
- High-volume collaboration and capacity to partner with Executives.
- Relevant contacts in the studio industry.
- Appreciation of the Account Management function.
- Passion for networking and relationship-building.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS / ENVIRONMENT:
- Requires frequent travel to other properties and regional offices.
- Requires a wide range of constant physical activities, including but not limited to standing, walking, and sitting.
- Requires work such as tours throughout portfolio, including to construction sites, usually performed by walking and by climbing stairs.
- Requires movement between departments to facilitate work.
- Requires close, distance, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role is between $300,000.00 - $350,000.00 annually.
The salary offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors including but not limited to market location, job-related knowledge, education/training, certifications, key skills, experience, external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Quixote and Sunset Studios reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position within the salary range listed, taking into account the wide variety of factors listed above
In addition, our total benefits package includes is full of perks such as paid time off, sick pay, 401(k) matching, Medical, Dental, and Vision
--- Sunset Studios / Quixote, a subsidiary of Hudson Pacific Properties ---
Sunset Studios / Quixote will consider for employment any qualified applicant with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirement of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Sunset Studios / Quixote is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Quixote Studios will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Sunset Studios / Quixote legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Quixote Studios LLCLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView All Quixote Studios LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.