Architectural Specifications Writer
About Quinn Evans
Quinn Evans is a nationally recognized and award-winning architecture and design firm deeply committed to sustainability, stewardship, inclusive design, and resilient communities. Our portfolio includes cultural, institutional, multi-family housing, and educational projects across many scales. Our work connects people with places to deliver purpose, meaning, resilience, and lasting stewardship. Be a part of a collaborative and diverse team rooted in a shared purpose to create impactful solutions that allow places and people to thrive today and tomorrow. Quinn Evans is among the largest women-owned design practices in the country. We take pride in our diverse team and a workplace culture that emphasizes mentoring, coaching, and professional development. Quinn Evans offers a competitive salary and benefits package, a flexible work schedule, and career advancement opportunities.
This position will work in connection with our Director of Technical Services. They will utilize knowledge of construction products, materials, and methods to write specifications for a variety of complex projects and building types, including education, cultural, multi-family residential, commercial, civic, and historic preservation projects.
Produce project specific Project Manuals utilizing Quinn Evans standards.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines for various projects and delivery methods.
- Coordinate Project Manual efforts for architecture sections and consultant disciplines.
- Work with project teams to coordinate specifications and project specific Keynotes.
- Participate in all process meetings scheduled for assigned projects.
- Review in-progress drawings, ensuring complete and coordinated technical specifications.
- Propose continual development and improvement of Quinn Evans specification masters including its specialized content for project types or regional conditions as well as sustainable content, based on project work.
- Maintain awareness of industry reference standards, codes, products, and resources.
- Assist project architects with shop drawing and product substitution review.
- Assist with development of best practices for quality assurance and quality control on issues such as consistent terminology and coordination of drawings and specifications.
- Contribute to the development of best practices for specifications and share knowledge with Quinn Evans team.
- Support Sustainability goals of the firm.
- Function as a technical resource to the entire firm on materials, including research and recommendations for sustainable materials and systems being considered for inclusion into the specifications.
- Coordinate with internal engagement efforts/committees on specifications alignment with achieving firm sustainability goals related to low embodied carbon, low emitting materials, and other sustainability criteria.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Construction, Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years related experience required; minimum of three (3) years of specifications writing experience strongly preferred.
- Professional licensure preferred, CDT certification, and/or LEED accreditation preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, and collaboration skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in specifications software programs such as SpecLink Cloud and SpecBuilder Cloud preferred.
Quinn Evans is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation/gender status, Veteran's status, and disability. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and encourage women and diverse applicants to apply.
Quinn EvansRichmond, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.