2-2023 Quality Assurance Manager - I81 Corridor
Candidates for this position must be able to develop, implement, manage and oversee Quality Assurance/Quality Control Programs for Virginia Transportation Design Build and/or P3 projects. This includes program development/documentation; partnering with contractors and owners while keeping the QCS Design Build Manager informed of critical or unexpected issues or developments; management and oversight of the Quality Assurance Inspection Team; risk analysis; problem solving; verifying that all materials have been approved, properly documented, and tested; auditing the Design and Quality Control processes and procedures for compliance with Quality Management Plans; and documenting and monitoring project deficiencies and non-compliances through final resolution. Candiates must be able to work in the area of the I81 corridor.
Skills and Experience
Candidate must have experience with most if not all of the following:
- Developing, implementing, and managing Quality Assurance/Quality Control Programs for Virginia Transportation Design Build and/or P3 projects
- Organizing, preparing for, presenting and documenting construction activity preparatory meetings
- Monitoring materials approvals, documentation and testing to ensure they comply with contract and owner requirements
- Coordinating and directing Quality Assurance Inspection activities
- Reviewing, monitoring and reporting on project compliance with Federal, State and contract specified environmental policies and procedures
- Monitoring Quality Control staff and activities to ensure that they comply with the project Quality Management Plan
- Monitoring construction operations to ensure compliance with contract terms and specifications
- Establishing and/or maintaining a Quality Assurance Auditing and Nonconformance Plan for uniform reporting, controlling, correction and disposition and resolution of nonconformance (including disputed nonconforming items) issues that may arise on the Project
- Monitoring and verifying that required project documentation is being created, and properly organized
- Identifying problems and risks and working with Contractors and Owners to resolve them in a timely manner
- Preparing, distributing and tracking required project documentation and correspondence
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communication proficiency
- Public Speaking
- Ethical Conduct
- Planning and Coordination
- Organizational Skills
- Supervision of Others
- Time Management
- Technical and Professional Writing
- Basic Laptop Computer Skills
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in both professional office and/or construction jobsite environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, tablets, phones, photocopiers, scanners, digital cameras, and filing systems.
Candidate must be able to drive, walk, stand, climb, reach with arms, utilize hands/fingers, speak, and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday. Times vary depending on project schedules. Night and weekend work is a possibility.
Full time or periodic travel may be required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
The Candidate must have:
- Virginia PE with 10 years' experience and 3-5 years' experience working on Design Build or P3 projects.
- Expected to have ten (10) years of highway and/or bridge construction experience.
- QAMs should also have a comprehensive knowledge of:
- Roadway, structure and bridge construction /maintenance /repair /rehabilitation methods, materials, standards and specifications
- VDOT Road and Bridge Specifications, Road and Bridge Standards, Construction Manual, and Inspector Manual
- VDOT Minimum Requirements for Quality Assurance and Quality Control on Design Build and P3 Projects
- The Virginia Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
- State and Federal environmental, safety, and Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and regulations
Preferred Education and Experience
VDOT Required Construction Inspection certifications are a plus:
Certification - Issuing Agency
Soil and Aggregate Compaction - VDOT or NICET LEVEL II*
Asphalt Field Level I & II - VDOT - VDOT
Hydraulic Cement Concrete Field - VDOT or NICET LEVEL II*
Pavement Marking - VDOT
Slurry Surfacing - VDOT
Surface Treatment - VDOT
Flagger Certification - VDOT
Certification for Erosion and Sediment Control Inspection - Virginia DEQ
Nuclear Gauge Safety Training - NRC**Recognized Provider
Stormwater Management (Inspector) Certification*** - Virginia DEQ
Intermediate Work Zone Traffic Control - VDOT Approved Provider
10 Hour OSHA Safety Training - OSHA
GRIT (Guardrail Certification) - VDOT
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
The Quality Assurance Manager is expected to be proficient with the following skills:
- Provide technical supervision and leadership to others
- Apply mathematical formulas and engineering principles to determine major field adjustments
- Prepare correspondence that communicates effectively with owners, stakeholders, contractor personnel and the general public
- Apply mathmatical formulas and engineering principles to determine major field adjustmentsonstruction management software like CADAC, Bluebeam, Plangrid, and/or ACONEX
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
QCS is committed to equal opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
QCS has been and will continue be an equal opportunity employer as per AAP outlined in employee handbook.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quinn Consulting Services, Inc.
14160 Newbrook DriveChantilly, VA
Get fresh 2-2023 Quality Assurance Manager - I81 Corridor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.