Claims Service Coordinator- Claims Assistant
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To provide assistance to the claim staff by performing a variety of administrative tasks and responding to customer inquiries.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
· Schedules physician appointments and sends appropriate letters and records
· Prepares files for legal referrals
· Answers phone related inquiries
· Follows up on requested information
· Prepares various letters, reports and forms.
· Processes payment of invoices
· Accurately scans and indexes incoming claim documents to correct claim file according to folder/document type.
· Assists with metering outgoing mail.
· Researches returned mail to determine correct address.
· Prints copies of forms and mail to appropriate parties
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required.
One year of clerical or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
· Excellent oral and written communication
· PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
· Strong organizational skills
· Efficient time management skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
· Can determine what next steps are required and proactively respond
· Be able to multi task in various systems and/or programs
QuestproQuestpro is a full-service recruiting firm focused solely on the Insurance and Risk Management industry. From a recent college grad to an experienced professional all the way to a CEO, we save the day by seeking out the best in the business at all levels. Our services of expertise include Retainer, Direct-Hire, Contract/Contract to Hire and Consulting Practices.