Join the Questis team as a Continuous Integration and Deployment Engineer; you’ll be a part of some pretty amazing projects. You’ll work on designing, developing, and installing software solutions to meet the life requirements of our customers. No two days are the same at Questis.
If you enjoy being a Build Engineer, doing Deployment and Release Management, and have experience setting up and maintaining development, staging and production environments - please read on!
- Participate in the Build, Deployment and Release Management for a large scale Web Application
- Contribute to the design and implementation of our configuration management software architecture.
- Design and implement tools to streamline our SCM and QE processes.
- Define, implement and champion policies to significantly increase the efficiency of our software development/delivery process.
- Insure the proper building of our software. Work with all involved (Development, QA, Customer Services) to guarantee prompt, accurate, and repeatable delivery of the builds.
- Provide up-to-date and accurate documentation on the SCM environment and Process Automation tools. Insure adequate education of newcomers.
- Work closely with Development and Quality Engineering teams
- Participate in an agile development process from analysis of detailed or high-level product requirements through design, and quick test development, execution and results reporting.
- Perform duties in the capacity of Tools Administrator and Build Manager for use across multiple projects.
- Develop and maintain code versioning, branching and merging INCLUDING maintaining multiple active branches and database versions at the same time while keeping source code and database schema synchronized.
- Support the definition and implementation of required customization effort of the Application Lifecycle Management platform; including workflow management.
- Monitor the tools performing troubleshooting, tool integration, and problem resolution.
- Collaboration on Build/Release Management activities within the Systems Engineering Technical CM group responsible for ensuring that the correct software products are delivered to multiple demonstrations, integration, and test environments in a reliable and repeatable manner.
- Evaluates, selects and administers organization-wide automated tools pertaining to Configuration and Change Control and Build and Release Management.
- Implements Configuration and Change Management practices, standards and tools for use in development and maintenance projects.
What you’ll need to start
- 3+ years in a Software Configuration Management
- Jenkins, Linux, Linux Scripting, Git, Postgres, RedHat, Puppet, AWS, ECS, Docker, Rancher
- Associates or B.S Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience required.
Who we are:
We are a financial technology company that recognizes America’s finances are in trouble. Sadly, the financial services industry oftentimes does more to perpetuate the problem than to solve it. Unlike most financial companies, Questis knows that software can help engage and solve personal finance problems. But we also recognize that people are an important piece in the process! Using both people and algorithms, Questis can keep people constantly engaged, make consistent improvements, and provide people with better financial outcomes through their lives.
Our advice comes from industry recognized financial planning practices. Questis deploys an evidence-based investment philosophy with an emphasis on academic research, process, and time-tested data. Our investment portfolios are structured around certain factors, which are sensible, backed by data, and cost-effective to provide investors a more positive experience.
Who we aren’t:
We are not insurance salesmen or traditional advisors, and we don’t wear suits. Our advice comes from industry recognized financial planning practices. We don’t push products and we are not commission based.
Perks, benefits and life at Questis:
We believe in the one-life-theory which says bring all of your life to work and bring all of your work to your life. Our perks and benefits are provided to help you live a better life while being more knowledgeable and creative at work.
Unlimited Vacation - unlimited work and equivalent vacation
Work Remotely - build an environment where people want to be, but let them manage their lives
Pet Friendly - bring your dog (or fish) to work, but be respectful
Continuous Growth - we are all doers and will build your skills including your leadership skills
Equity - sharing in the Questis quest means you own part of the company
Beer on Tap - yes, we have a keg at our location and people are allowed to drink because we trust people to be responsible, accountable and respectful
Financial Advice - we put our money where our mouth is and provide unlimited financial advice to our team
We would like to hear from you... have a job fit you don’t see us hiring for; tell us about it! Know a perfect person that has a passion for finance and technology; give us an introduction! Know of something we should be doing better; we’d like to hear about it.
Questis is a Culture Fit Employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of your race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability, or previous disability. We hire on Culture Fit First.
To recruitment agencies: We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes.