Simplified Chinese to English Linguist
- Posted: over a month ago
NOTE: This position is located in US but this position can be done remotely from anywhere
As an integral part of Questel's Operations team, this position is responsible for producing high-quality, accurate translations of technical documents, and for revising these documents where necessary.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Translating, machine translation post-editing and revising documents
- Operating translation technology tools to improve efficiency
- Formatting all translated documents following requirements
- Utilizing reference materials
- Reviewing and giving approval to any changes to translated documents after they have been proofread and edited
- Giving feedback on translated or post-edited text in the form of a quality score
- Carrying out terminology management as required
- Providing training to other team members, if required
- Work on special projects and other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications & Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in languages, translation, or other technical discipline required. Or any combination of education, experience and training which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- At least 1 year of translation experience required
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task in stressful situations
- Demonstrated skill in source and target languages of Simplified Chinese and English
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work deadlines
- Experience with CAT Tools preferred
- Highly motivated with willingness to take initiative, complete assignments and participate in a collaborative work environment
Supervision is provided by the Language Services Team Lead
No direct reports
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistently operating a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Remembering names and details
- Maintain confidentiality of all information that is or will be confidential and proprietary to Questel or Questel's clients
Verification of identity and criminal records check
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
AddressNew York, NY
GovernmentView all jobs at Questel