Mid-Atlantic developer Questar is setting a new standard of luxury high-rise living in Baltimore with the introduction of 414 Light Street – a 44-story residential tower located in the Inner Harbor of downtown Baltimore, offering an exquisitely modern lifestyle, luxury resort service equivalent to a five-star boutique hotel and best-in-class amenities.
Questar is seeking a Hospitality and Concierge Manager to join the team of this 394-unit ultra-luxury high-rise apartment building. This position reports to the Director of Residents’ Services and is responsible for overseeing the requests of residents for the Lifestyle Concierge Program and Health and Wellness Program. Charismatic, socially gregarious, people person is being sought for this “face of the franchise” role. The Hospitality and Concierge Manager is 414 Light Street’s lifestyle program and resident’s “ambassador”. The Hospitality and Concierge Manager will directly manage the Concierge team and be responsible for ensuring the accounting of revenue splits are accurate and generating appropriate ancillary income.
The Hospitality and Concierge Manager fields resident inquiries and requests and ensures that the highest-caliber customer service is provided at all times. Additionally, the Hospitality and Concierge Manager assists in maintaining resident preference profiles and follows up on resident satisfaction surveys.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop rapport and relationships with residents and becomes familiar with preferences.
· Manages and oversees the resident engagement and community events scheduling and execution.
· Answers email and phone requests from residents and follows through in completing tasks to resolve resident concerns.
· Manages monthly accounting to reconcile ancillary income generated by revenue splits.
· Schedules concierge team coverage and manages employee requests for time off or disciplinary issues.
· Assists with various departmental requests as they pertain to scheduling events or providing coverage.
· Updates resident messaging via electronic means and displays.
· Reviews surveys for customer satisfaction and provides recommendations for improvement.
· Converts tours to applications by utilizing known and successful closing techniques.
· Assists in the concierge duties during his or her shift including retrieving packages or dry cleaning.
The Hospitality and Concierge Manager is responsible for overseeing the concierge team including scheduling and disciplinary actions.
The Hospitality and Concierge Manager will adhere to good safety practices of prospects throughout the building, including requiring valid identification of visitors and reporting any suspicious activity. The Hospitality and Concierge Manager will understand the building safety procedures and how to handle an emergency situation.
The Hospitality and Concierge Manager must maintain a clean, neat and professional appearance as well as a neat, organized, clean and safe work environment, including any office or storage areas assigned. This includes complying with the dress code. The Hospitality and Concierge Manager will coordinate multiple functions to most effectively and efficiently accomplish established objectives. The Hospitality and Concierge Manager will follow program directives and implemented strategies which align with Questar’s overall mission, vision, and values. The Hospitality and Concierge Manager is expected to meet or exceed the needs of all residents. The Hospitality and Concierge Manager will continually seek out areas for improvement.
· Management level experience and direct interaction with luxury hotel clientele are mandatory.
· Experience in customer service in the hospitality industry (luxury hotel and/or fine dining restaurant).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
· Must interact effectively with all levels of employees and external contacts.
· Must work well under pressure, exercise good judgment when making decisions and handle stressful situations in a mature, professional manner.
EDUCATION and TRAINING:
A four-year bachelor’s degree in relevant field from an accredited university and three (3) years’ experience in a hospitality or property management organization is required.
A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a hospitality capacity required. Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices. Strong interpersonal, time management and customer service skills required. Computer skills including internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word. Knowledge of database and real estate property management applications a plus.
A high level of critical thinking and reasoning skills is required. Candidate must possess significant analytical skills to solve a variety of complex problems and deal with variables in situations where limited standardization exists. The role requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to work at a face pace, perform duties while under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner. Must be able to interact and communicate with other associates, residents, visitors and the general public in a professional and pleasant manner.
Constant need to communicate both verbally and in writing, with residents, vendors, staff and the general public.
Ability to comprehend and compose complex instructions, correspondence, and reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Excellent writing and composition skills are required.
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES:
Compensation for this position will be determined by experience and skill level. In addition to a highly competitive salary, the position will be eligible for annual and periodic performance incentives and bonuses. Questar also offers excellent benefits including full medical, dental and vision benefits commensurate with other employees of the organization. An employer matching 401k retirement plan is available as well as tuition assistance for qualifying course work.